Author Topic: Tint shops, gotta love 'em...  (Read 3667 times)

k.pez

• n00balicious
Tint shops, gotta love 'em...
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »
I've decided to get my windows done.  I searched and found that people here are happy with Integrity Dealer Systems.  Anything else out there worth looking at?

I've had tint on past cars.  I'm curious about the gap along the top of the window that is left untinted.  Is that always the case?  I've seen different gaps amounts.  Is it car or applicator dependant?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Tint shops, gotta love 'em...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »
usually they leave a gap, although with IDS, they minimize it as much as possible.  The gap is there due to pressure from the moldings that seal the window...if it goes to the top, the tint is more likely to peel over time....so it is done to protect the integrity of the application.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:57:37 PM »
Most good shops will leave about 1/8th of an inch at the top of the windows for the reason stated above.

As far as other places to check out, get a hold of Dan Held with TinTeks
TinTeks, Mobile Window Tint & Clear Bra
Lone Tree, CO Park Meadows area.
http://www.tinteks.com/

He works out of the Jazz It Up shop off of Arapahoe and Peoria, TinTeks is his side job. Will be easier to get a hold at the shop 303-799-8806. Great work period. They did my car and I have dealt with them on many occasions after that and have nothing but good to say.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:42 AM »
I really like Galen at Pro Tint. 

He has done at least 5 cars for me.  He has also done multiple friends and families cars too.   All with great results.  Once had a problem with a clearbra corner coming up a bit, probably from me washing the car too soon, but he replaced it no questions asked and did it when I stopped in to show him.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:06:50 AM »
Could anyone give me the address and phone number of these tint shop's? I may need another vehicle tinted and the shop i went to before has closed down.
Thanks in advance...
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:33:16 AM »
I used Pro Tint, and they were really cool, but I will have to admit, for the price I am not totally high on their work. Lots of little bubbles and dust in the tint. When I went back, because I was in the first month of being tinted they just kept referring back to their card about waiting for stuff to go away. Well most of my "complaint" spots are still there. I haven't gone back because they seemed a bit frustrated with me for even coming back int eh first place. And I didn't really complain, they are close to my office so I swung by and chatted with them about it.

Still, they are very nice people, they did it in the time quoted and for the price quoted. They will also provide good input as to what tint will work well with car color/interior combo. Namely, how dark is too dark for your car and things like that. Jack has had great luck with them as he mentioned. I sent a few co-workers there who seemed satisfied as well.

I think having to do it again, I would probably go with tinteks after seeing some Dan's work.

Tinteks will be doing some clear bra work for me on my Audi in the near future I hope.

As for numbers:

Tinteks - 720.201.8341 http://www.tinteks.com
Pro Tint - (303) 233-7315
IDS - 303-734-4500 http://www.idswindowtint.com/

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:06 AM »
Thanks for the info!
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:07:44 PM »
I used Jazz It Up on Arapahoe for the Passat and was totally happy. I didn't get a very high quality tint which was my fault, but when I brought it back to get re-done they didn't charge anything.

I think you should go purple and let it bubble really good. I like that look.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
Another big thumbs up for Dan at TinTeks(tinteks.com) who is also the master tinter at Jazz It Up. I've seen several of his cars and he takes the same care and provides the same customer service for his clients whether they drive a Camery or a Ferrari.

If you talk to him, let him know the folks at RMCB5 sent ya.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

Tinteks.com

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 04:33:34 AM »
Another big thumbs up for Dan at TinTeks(tinteks.com) who is also the master tinter at Jazz It Up. I've seen several of his cars and he takes the same care and provides the same customer service for his clients whether they drive a Camery or a Ferrari.

If you talk to him, let him know the folks at RMCB5 sent ya.

Thanks Andrew.. and everyone else. Hit me up sometime jay when your looking to do yours.
I just did Andrews buddies car hes sent me.
I am no longer at jazz it up and have since started doing it elsewhere.
In Parker actually, out of Hardeys motorwerks until the unit next to his shop opens up here soon.
http://www.dubzentrum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068

Here is Alans car and a link to a few other cars i have done recently.

I also switched from using 3m completely.I am now using Xpel. much much better. much clearer and nicer material.comes out really well. no stretch marks and issues that 3m is known for. especially on black cars.
08 C300
30% tint
XPEL full front end wrap. bumper,headlights,fog lights,hood,Door handles,A pillars.

a few other recent clients rides. guy owns both of them. just did tint 20% all around. coming back for front end wraps soon.

Also a few tinted tails using Xpel smoked material.
08 R32 tails
rear brake lights.rear bumper reflectors,mirror signals,front bumper sidemarkers,

mk4 Jetta tails.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:54:07 PM by Tinteks.com »