Author Topic: Places for pics  (Read 800 times)

k.pez

• n00balicious
Places for pics
« on: July 01, 2007, 07:17:42 PM »
I want to take some better pictures of my car.  Having a good background/setting is important.  Does anyone know of any nice spots -- neat buildings, landscapes, etc?

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Re: Places for pics
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:05:24 AM »
here's my list:

1. Gates Rubber Plant (Mississippi & Santa Fe)
The very industrial derelict building makes for a pretty good contrasting backdrop for our cars.

2. new Denver Art Museum addition (13th & Bannock St)
I'd recommend there at night when the wildly angular titanium building is lit.

3. Steelbridge Annex building (15th & Wewatta St)
There's a parking lot (usually empty in the evenings) right next to the green copper wall which is lit at night:

4. Hangar No.1, Wings Above the Rockies (Lowry)
I love the massive hangar doors and all those panes of glass makes for awesome reflections on a newly wax car:

5. Millenium Bridge at Riverfront Park (16th & Little Raven St., behind Union Station)
The mast of the bridge and the steps are lit at night.  16th Street just at the foot of the bridge is the perfect spot for your car, but beware of parking enforcement will often shoo people from parking their cars there even for a short moment.

6. Anywhere way north of Coors Field (roughly between 33rd-40th streets)
There are lots of old and derelict warehouse buildings there, many of them with industrial cranes and pipes everywhere.  There's a spot where you can temporarily park your car on the tracks which makes for a cool shot (the dead end at 36th west of Blake St.).

7. Mount Evans
There's some pics in the RMCB5 photo album from our drive a while back.
It's a fun drive and it's very scenic.

8. Art House townhomes (15th & Delgany St.)
There's a small enclave of really nice modern townhomes, the semi-private driveway makes for a perfect spot as it is surrounded by very cool architecture:

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:42:35 AM by aowhaus »
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Places for pics
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:05:24 AM »

k.pez

• n00balicious
Excellent
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:49:58 AM »
That response was more than I could have hoped for! :o  Thank you for the effort.  I work right next to Hangar No.1 once every week.  It never occured to to me to use it!  I'm just beginner when it comes to photography.  My camera isn't anything special, but I'll see what I can do.  Thanks again.  You've taken some great pics!