Author Topic: A/C Recharge..who do you trust?  (Read 2135 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
A/C Recharge..who do you trust?
« on: July 07, 2007, 03:16:52 PM »
I haven't chatted with Randy yet since they were on Vaca this week. I think my A/C needs a recharge, it;s just not as cold as it should be.

Unfortunately the way you recharge this system does not allow me to use a DIY kit, not without maybe blowing myself up.

Anyway, just interested if anyone has had their A/C recharged lately and if they liked where they had it done.

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: A/C Recharge..who do you trust?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
I'd try Werner's Mastertek for something like that.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »

Yeah, call up Brian at Avalon, I'm sure he might be able to hook you up. Randy can't do since he's not licensed.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

90Carat

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:42:26 PM »
I had Werner's do a motor mount for me.  Good guys to work with.  Also, the owner of Werner's has a UrS6.  Kinda nice to have someone over there with one of these cars.

Talk to Brian, have him swap cars with you out here at Denver West, though I didn't tell you that.
have a 92 S4, and old Porsche, and some Japanese stuff sittin' in the garage.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »
Thank all.

Funny thing is we were in the Passat this weekend at a light when I pulled up next to this bright blue PT Cruiser turbo. Then we hear this rev and a pssshhhhht. Renee was like WTF was that. And I said, sounds like a BOV on the PT. I looked over and saw Werner Mastertek stickers on it.

I kinda waved but they were to my right and a little back and we both had tinted windows so they probably saw nothing. They probably just think I am some chump but my guess is they saw the RMCB5 sticker and revved to get my attention. :)

I will give Brian a call, I just talked to him this weekend too but we were in the midst of more kitty health drama. :(

Kraylon

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 07:05:42 AM »
are the Passats a/c different from the a4's? I rechared my owen a/c about a year ago about 5 hours before a rock met head on with my condensor on I-25. i didn't use a walmart diy kit i used the a/c charger we have (or had i haven't seen it in awhile)at work.     

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
I would assume a B5 A4 and a B5 Passat would be the same, but I have neither. :D

The A/C system in these old UrS4's require you to evacuate the system then it fills from a different location than the other newer cars negating the ability to DIY without the proper setup.

Though one guy did do it not evacuating the system and by heating the can (to build pressure) of the refrigerant. Talk about potential for a darwin award.