Author Topic: Best Buy and their Bullsh&t  (Read 834 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Best Buy and their Bullsh&t
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:59:35 PM »
I had a gift card to burn so I went to go pick up a couple DVDs and buy my sister the 90210 second season box set...YES FOR MY SIS, NOT FOR ME...:)

Anyway, online it is $44.99 so I go in the store and it's stickered at $59.99 but that's not uncommon to see the higher sticker price. So we go and get rung up, rings up at $59.99 and I make a comment about teh price being wrong. The cashier says well we can finish the transaction and go price match I said fine.

We finish the sale go to customer service and she pulls up that "fake" bestbuy website that sure enough shows $59.99. I tell her this is wrong, but it's a gift and I need to go so oh well I will go home and verify and call back.

Get home....shows $44.99. I call in and speak to a super nice guy in the DVD section that verifies the price for me and even says that's "pretty shitty." Then I finally get bumped to a very apologetic manager who credits back the difference with tax to my card over the phone.

On the end I am pleased I got the correct price, but as always, double check this stuff. They basically admitted local pricing may be different than national which can cause discrepancies. Considering this is the 4th time I have head of this happening to someone this year makes me wonder about his 99.9% of the time the prices match.

Just think about how many people are getting ripped off out there.

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
Re: Best Buy and their Bullsh&t
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:23:57 PM »
That's why there are at least two lawsuits by state attorneys general. Best Buy is quite the racket but then again many people don't notice.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:23:57 PM »

Richard-EB

• Lightly Modded
  • EuroBerge Editor
    • EuroBerge Magazine
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »
Your best bet would be to print the actual page out with the price you want.  It shows the web address at the bottom so they know you aren't trying to scam them like they scam you.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:39:28 AM »
I bought a hard drive from bestbuy, and it on sale.  A couple weeks later they sell out and take it out of hte system... must have been clearance, advertised as "sale"....  It was corrupted and wouldn't work.  I go in, with receipt and it is like 31 days after purchase... they wouldn't help me.  after making a huge fuss I got htem to return it for another... but they would only give me $50 (cheapest last price) instead of the $90 that my receipt shows I paid.  I was so pissed...

BestBuy has a deal, 30 day return policy... and I was only a day or two out of 30 days.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »
I also bought a hard drive on sale from Best Buy. It also was broken. I also was just past my 30-day return window. In the end I sent it back to the mfg. The replacement is supposed to arrive this week. What a pain in the arse. Best Buy also royally screwed up my RewardZone card. Again, I had to fight to get that sorted out. After I use up the gift card they sent me to make amends, I will shop there only when absolutely necessary.

I bought a hard drive from bestbuy, and it on sale.  A couple weeks later they sell out and take it out of hte system... must have been clearance, advertised as "sale"....  It was corrupted and wouldn't work.  I go in, with receipt and it is like 31 days after purchase... they wouldn't help me.  after making a huge fuss I got htem to return it for another... but they would only give me $50 (cheapest last price) instead of the $90 that my receipt shows I paid.  I was so pissed...

BestBuy has a deal, 30 day return policy... and I was only a day or two out of 30 days.