Linked Events

• Saturday Night Conoco GTG: July 21, 2007

Author Topic: Saturday Night Conoco GTG  (Read 1818 times)

Neuspeed16v

• n00balicious
Saturday Night Conoco GTG
« on: July 15, 2007, 03:29:49 AM »
even though im new to the site. would love to see some new rides/faces at the Auraria Pkwy Conoco on Saturday nights at 8pm. Some bad apples will not be in attendance so no worries on that part.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:21:44 PM by gietl »

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
Re: Saturday Night Conoco GTG
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »
I agree. After the convo tonight, and based on the past few weeks, at the conoco I highly doubt those "bad apples" will be back and it would be great to see some faces from here make it out to this gtg.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:26:16 PM »
It's been a long time since I went to a Conoco GTG, a very long time. In the past I was turned off because while I enjoyed meeting folks and talking cars I didn't necessarily enjoy the idea of seeing how fast people can drive through the speer tunnel and other reckless driving behavior.

It's not anything personal towards anyone else and frankly I could always leave instead of drive afterwards.

I will make an honest effort to come to one in the coming weeks. I will be out of town most likely next weekend, so it will be the one after. Maybe we can get a few more folks to go, it's always great to meet new people that share a similar passion.

Neuspeed16v

• n00balicious
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:17:42 PM »
It's been a long time since I went to a Conoco GTG, a very long time. In the past I was turned off because while I enjoyed meeting folks and talking cars I didn't necessarily enjoy the idea of seeing how fast people can drive through the speer tunnel and other reckless driving behavior.

It's not anything personal towards anyone else and frankly I could always leave instead of drive afterwards.

I will make an honest effort to come to one in the coming weeks. I will be out of town most likely next weekend, so it will be the one after. Maybe we can get a few more folks to go, it's always great to meet new people that share a similar passion.

Thats what im talking about. Even thought the Speer run can be fun, its just not worth the risk anymore with all of the attention that it will attract from the local PD and the fact that Speer is like a mine field of potholes

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
The GTG is a good time as long as people are smart.  I enjoy getting out and seeing all the cars and meeting the drivers.  It can be a very positive thing for the community.

I have not attended too often this summer, but when I can the evening is fun.  I hope the GTG will continue and people will continue to make friends.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Ramrod

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 03:53:16 AM »
I'll try and make it out this weekend if its still on. Speer is a bad street to fly down, lol i learned the hard way :(  >:( :'(
Pearl White 96' A4 2.8
Full Magnaflow Exhaust with high flow cats, K&N 57i CDI, Halo headlights

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »
I remember reading that "they" (the man) put up a bunch of red light cameras on speer

Anyone know if the section the cruise goes down has them?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Ramrod

• Stock
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 04:30:40 PM »
Who all is going up there tonight?!?
Pearl White 96' A4 2.8
Full Magnaflow Exhaust with high flow cats, K&N 57i CDI, Halo headlights

HEAVY

• n00balicious
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »