Author Topic: Pets....it's a funny thing the way life works.  (Read 1127 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Pets....it's a funny thing the way life works.
« on: August 14, 2007, 12:27:20 AM »
With great sadness and a heavy heart we had to say goodbye to our oldest cat JJ last week. He was 17, Renee had him for a little over 16 of those years. It has been a difficult loss. You don't always realize what an important part of your life they can be until the end comes.

Here's JJ around Halloween 2005

JJ had cancer, we were fortunate enough to have 6 more weeks with him, so we spent a lot of time with him making sure he was comfortable and happy. Losing him is like losing a family member, he is irreplaceable and was definitely one in a million.

JJ about a day and a half before we lost him:

In trying to cope and come to terms with the loss we have been trying to get out and do things. Also taking care of some items that have been neglected around the house. Basically keeping busy.

On Sunday we decided after getting my hair cut to head up to the mountains for the afternoon. We packed the dog in the car and headed up. We ended up in Breckenridge and had a late lunch at Empire Burger. They served us great food and Kona-Bob a nice refreshing bowl of water.

We then headed down into town more by the Riverwalk and got Kona to get in the water, something he is always chicken to try doing. I had to get in with him eventually.

While down there we snapped a few pictures with my phone.

Before we left

K-Bob considering breaking the law

Kona showing off his "place" skills yo

In the end, we are devastated by the loss, and it will take time to get used to life without him. We are thankful that both Elvis (cat) and Kona-Bob (dog) are here still. We couldn't imagine living without pets being a part of our lives.

So if you have a pet, remember that when you are in a hurry and have other important things to do, it only takes a few moments to pet them and reward them for their unconditional love they have for you.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Pets....it's a funny thing the way life works.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »
wow Jay, sorry to hear about JJ.  I feel for ya. 

Our pets have been great therapy for me when I get stressed.  Nothing like unconditional love to make you feel better!!!!  I love the morning snuggles I get from Chloe and Quinci when I get home from a hard night of work.  You are right, the few extra moments to pet them and reward them really makes a difference, for all of us.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 01:38:23 AM »
Sorry to hear about JJ.  glad you got the diagnosis early and that you were able to spend some quality time together.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:52:36 AM »
Jay, really sorry to hear about your loss.  My sympathies to you and Renee.  How's Kona dealing with the loss?
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:37 AM »
I could not agree more Jay.  Pets are great, and too often over looked in our daily lives.

I just got another dog.  He is a bull mastiff-greatdane mix.  I know that he is small now, but if he grows into his paws, we are in trouble.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:59:52 PM »
Jay, I'm terribly sorry about JJ. As most of you know recently, I lost my two cats and my two Huskies. I miss them terribly.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
sorry to hear jay. but i know what you mean. my wife and i don't have kids, we just have our pets.

JetterBug

• Stock
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:23 PM »
I'm so sorry for you loss. Reading about JJ was comforting because he had a great life with you, and I am sure he enjoyed every moment with your family. Your post only reminds me of my cats and what wonderful treasures they are to have... all 4 of them...  :) I hope that things keep looking up for you during this hard time.
My deepest sympathies,
Sarah
Love, like a river, will cut a new path
whenever it meets an obstacle.

- Crystal Middlemas -