Author Topic: Andrew (gragravar) 1992 Range Rover County  (Read 1933 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Andrew (gragravar) 1992 Range Rover County
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:30:05 AM »
the beater truck!

I picked this up cheap to drive while the allroad was out of service getting its upgrades.  it is a beater, there is significant rock damage, some rust, and the center differential will not lock.  but, it runs well and will be a fun project truck.

only pic I have of it is the one Jon took the day I bought it:

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Andrew (gragravar) 1992 Range Rover County
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »
it has been a good couple weekends for the rover.

last weekend I replaced the lower tailgate.  the old one was a little rusty -

then this weekend I had some more fun with it:

when I started this morning it looked like this:

this one shows the new to me lower tailgate I installed last week. there had been a touch of rust around the holes for the license plate mount, so last week I got them cleaned up with a wire brush, then painted them.  looks pretty good:

this weekend, I got a ball for the hitch, got the license plate mounted in the right spot (that was a pain - there were just bare holes in the metal nothing to hold the license plate screws. I ended up using drywall brackets.)  then I added an expedition basket and moved the spare tire to the basket.

this was "done" for today.

up next - new tires next week!

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:01:46 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
got the 32" offroad tires on and also added a nice ARB bumper.

I have also acquired a non rusty upper tailgate that I still need to put on the truck