Members > Welcome New Members

Hello! New member looking for advice

<< < (2/4) > >>

ColoradoB5:
Hey Nick, welcome to the club.  We have decided to organize to provide a resource for other car interested people.  Specifically those with B5 Passats and B4 A4 Audis (they share lots of the same parts and engines).  We get together and go for drives, do maintenance days (aka garage days) and just hang out for beers and social stuff too.

1. For the clutch I would recommend having a shop do that for you.  Make sure they have experience with VWs

2. For the sunroof issue, I have not heard of anyone having these issue, but register and post over at www.clubb5.com and I'm sure someone that has seen this before may be able to give you some info on this.

3. For tint, check with the guys at www.edition719.com as they will have some recommendations for you.  These guys are a local VW club for the springs and a

6.  fun group to hang out with.

4. Clear corners and indicators.  www.parts4vws.com is our sponsor, so if you want to order from them, call them up and tell them you are a member of Rocky Mountain Club B5 and they will hook you up.

5. HID = High Intensity Discharge aka Xenon lights.  These have to be used with the projector headlight housings.  You can also just get the projector housings (the $300 ones gietl was referring to and add HID/Xenon later)

6. Either get a chip or change the stock suspension when you can.  It's a tossup as to which one you will appreciate more.

7. For bass, the best bet is the Mobile Electronics forum at CB5 here:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

There are some guys here that are real gurus for ICE.

8. As to the shift boot, I would check around, maybe even visit some junk yards that may have some in good shape.

Mike (kt037) and Mike (mike618) are both in the springs area.  We are long overdue for a GTG down there, so keep checking up on the GTG section and once again welcome to the club.

Winston

kt037:
RM window tint in motor city, at the top of the hill (behind the car wash) and acrodd the st from pikes peak acura truck/suv store... best place in town, they have done 4 of my cars in the last 2 yrs!

also if you need to find anything in the springs car-wise/anything else let me know!

nickcc60:
Wow, you guys rock!  Thanks to everyone who responded.  Yeah, $600-$1200 (or even $300) is way more than I can afford to spend on lights.  I'm wondering though, what's the deal with the xenon headlights that you see at Checkers or on ebay (like here:

DenverPat:
Always use premium gas.  Period.
The clutch is a real PITA from what I've heard.  Chas (one of our resident tech experts) did it himself.  He normally does everything for his own car service-wise, but highly recommended bringing it to someone to have the clutch done for you.  I'm sure if you drop him a line he'll give you more details.  Unless you plan on big power mods, you should be fine with the OEM clutch.  I have 120K miles on my 1.8t, most of them with at least a chip.  I drive harder than most, and my clutch is still fine.  I think my engine now puts out around 240 torque and 225 hp for reference.

madigan:

--- Quote from: "nickcc60" ---Wow, you guys rock!  Thanks to everyone who responded.  Yeah, $600-$1200 (or even $300) is way more than I can afford to spend on lights.  I'm wondering though, what's the deal with the xenon headlights that you see at Checkers or on ebay (like here:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version