Author Topic: I bought a new six speed - Not as fast as Coles 6-spd though  (Read 1241 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
I bought a new six speed - Not as fast as Coles 6-spd though
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:57:58 AM »

Ducati S2R In Black. I already chopped the rear fender, Added Pazzo Adjustable levers and SpeedyMoto Frame sliders. The levers offer great adjustment and allowed me to access the controls more comfortably

Next up (this winter) will be the Termi dual carbon fiber/ Titanium exhaust w/ headers and no cat, intake and new software.

I bought some of my gear local and had to order some of my riding gear, but it is taking for ever to get here.

So far I picked up:

Shoei X-11 Helmet - Amazing fit, the Arai just didn't fit quite right.
Dainese Merlin Leather jacket w/ Composite Protection (purchased at Fay Meyer)
Dainese Meekong Leather Pants w/ Composite Protection (somewhere between Italy and here)
Dainese Drake Textile Pants w/ Compsite Protection (somewhere between Italy and here)
Dainese HellRacer Gloves w/ Carbon fiber knuckles and fingers (purchased at Fay Meyers)
Sidi Veritgo Boots - Currently trying to break them it. Damn stiff boots. (purchased at Fay Meyer)

So that's my list of toys so far.  ;D  It isn't as fast or as aggressive as Coles, but then again i am not as skilled as a rider as most of you. But i do want to be protected in case i go down. This Dainese gear fits so perfect too. It may not be the cheapest but it is still cheaper than having skin grafts done if you go down hard. I just wish there were more stocking dealers around here. I hate ordering stuff and waiting for weeks and weeks..

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:01:13 AM by Eric18T »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: I bought a new six speed - Not as fast as Coles 6-spd though
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:08:07 AM »
That bike is sweet Eric! Quite the bike and gear combo.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:08:07 AM »

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 01:34:54 AM »
*drool*  That is the only bike I have ever wanted to own!  I stick to cars since I am not advanced when it comes to riding bikes ;)
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:43:03 PM »
I love those bikes, awesome.

as for the gear,I know what you mean with the difference in fit between the Shoei and Arai helments.  Arai doesn't fit me either. The boots you have chosen are also the ones I use.  they are awesome, but they did take forever to break in.  I think mine finally broke in after riding to work a couple times and then wearing them around the office all day rather than changing out of them.   :o
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »
I mentioned a bike purchase to Betsy last night....she said nothing, and when I mean nothing, I just got a stare, a half winced eye, and a turn around and she went about her business making her lunch for today.

so, I have some work to do.  Her first husband had a bike, he spent all their money on it, and they had a huge payment on it, she resented the bike....so I think her feelings carry over from that.

:sigh:

Eric, that bike is sweet!!!!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
Jon, that's why I paid cash for mine. I knew Renee would kill me if I financed a bike. So I just saved up and bought it. Sure I had to buy a used one, but I still love it.

Hell to ease her into it go get something like a nighthawk or a shadow that  you will be able to re-sell for pretty much what you pay for it. Spend about $2K on it buying it and if it really isn't working you can unload it real easily and get your money back.

If things work out, then keep working your way up. :)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »
that sounds like a good plan.  I would love to get a yzf600r, those are somewhat timeless and solid platforms.  I don't need a rocket these days, just something comfortable, but still has some performance.  an R1 would be way more than I need.  A nighthawk would be a great option, those in a 750 were hawt.  Not a fan of the shadow....but I would also love a triumph speed triple, or something like Eric's Duc.

I need to start saving, but we are saving for a deck off the second floor...and house stuff comes before more toys for me...so it will be a long time until I see a bike in my garage :(...that is OK, I still have my MINI as my toy.