Author Topic: Bought a new 6 Speed! Pics inside!!  (Read 3975 times)

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
Bought a new 6 Speed! Pics inside!!
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
Kept the stage 3 tip S4 Duh!

Just added this to the garage today. 07 R1 Raven.  Who wants to go riding now. (on your own bike :P)

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Bought a new 6 Speed! Pics inside!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
congrats.  that thing looks downright mean.  It'll be fun though.

join jay and I in the RMCB5 group over at:

http://www.grouprider.com/groups.php?action=displaygroup&groupid=133

(that goes for the rest of you motorcyclists on RMCB5 too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:25:32 PM »
Nice Cole.  I had an R1 back in 2001.  Loved it, hated to sell it, but needed the money for grad school.

Enjoy the new ride, I am jealous.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:01:43 AM »
Damn, I'll need a like a head start when we go riding. :)

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
 :'(

I am so jealous!  I have a 95'YZF600R.  We are in the same family, but yours is in a class of it's own.  Wowweeeeee!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »
95 YZF600 is still a sweet bike!   

I am actually looking for an old FZ600/EX500/ZX250 etc for DIRT CHEAP for Jeska. She is taking the M.O.S.T course this weekend. She has always said she wanted to learn how to ride so I bought here a class and will get here a cheap bike so see if she likes it.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 09:34:47 PM »
it looks like a girlie rice bike..  ;D

J/k. nice choice, we will have to get the group together and go riding some time.

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 11:35:45 PM »
I still want a BMW GS650...
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »
I still want a BMW GS650...

I almost bought one last month. But after riding it, it just didn't have enough power and for the riding i want to do wasn't really the best choice. They are great bikes though.

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:34:50 AM »
Cool bike!  I'd be up for a ride sometime depending on how nuts the group is.  I stopped doing group rides with the squids a while back, too many hairball passes and generally antisocial craziness.  I've been thrown down the road a few times and prefer not to do it when I might end up under an oncoming SUV.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »
Cool bike. But I'd kill myself.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
Cool bike. But I'd kill myself.

Mark me down for that one too  :D
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »
Cool bike!  I'd be up for a ride sometime depending on how nuts the group is.  I stopped doing group rides with the squids a while back, too many hairball passes and generally antisocial craziness.  I've been thrown down the road a few times and prefer not to do it when I might end up under an oncoming SUV.

-Joel.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to riding. :D I have my threshold and my bike isn't a high performance bike.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 07:28:06 PM »
I actually ride pretty conservative these days.  I spent a few years road racing in college (lossing) :'(. Also used to put about 40k a year on my bikes back then. I have no desire to scratch my new ride or myself these days.

I just really wanted another sport bike for the handling a touch of power. (Okay....my perspective may be warped here since the R1 has nearly the same crank HP as the A6 and Jeep :o).   I tend to choose liter bike because I am a big heavy guy. Need just a bit more power and room to spead out.

I ALWAYS hold back in a group. I don't want to be responsible for anyone pushing their personal limits and getting hurt.  The real joy of the R1 is for those lonely moments on a back road when NO ONE is watching, NO ONE is around at all. Other than that it is a commuter bike ;D

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:01:36 PM »
Nice Cole, I really want to see it in person. Hopefully we can get a ride together here this fall.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
man, I need to have a serious talk with Betsy, between Jay, Andrew, Cole and Eric...I have total bike envy.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:56:14 PM »
come on Jon, you know you really need a bike. ;D

I am pretty slow conservative rider as my comfort level is still pretty low right now. But i will catch up to you guys with time. I should go take a pic of my new 6-spd and stick it up here..

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 01:11:50 AM »
Yep Jon, it's inevitable. Heck my buddy Joe just bought a mint vintage 1971 Honda CB175 (with only 2600 miles!) as his first bike today. His wife for years said no, but he finally explained he has taken some pretty serious falls on his MTB so how is risking his life on a motorcycle any different. ;)

Eric, you definitely need to post some pics!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
Yep Jon, it's inevitable. Heck my buddy Joe just bought a mint vintage 1971 Honda CB175 (with only 2600 miles!) as his first bike today. His wife for years said no, but he finally explained he has taken some pretty serious falls on his MTB so how is risking his life on a motorcycle any different. ;)

Eric, you definitely need to post some pics!

I'm a little bit of a different vein, but I hope to build a bobber this winter :) Jon, it's inevitable. Give in to the dark side!

That bike (R1) looks like a Transformer.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
95 YZF600 is still a sweet bike!

HELL YEAH it is. ;)

Wendy is looking at getting her M-class towards the end of summer and then we'll be looking for something that fits her that is NOT a Honda Rebel...
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »
Well Jeska passed the M.O.S.T class this weekend and is now official. She has the "m" endorsement on her liscense.  ;D

We will be picking up a 1987 FZ600 tonight for her. It needs a little love but only has 7200 miles on it. At 54hp and a very narrow chassis it should be a good starter bike for her, with room to grow.

I also ordered a new lid and jacket for me. Arai profile UK with blue mirrored shield. 

Got the neon yellow Olympia AST jacket for commuting on the bike to be a bit more visable cruising in rush hour traffic.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:56:40 PM by Cole »

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:47:47 PM »
Hey thats the new version of my Jacket, I get lots of comments about it, but I tell ya that's a good thing. It means people see me.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 10:16:43 PM »
Hey thats the new version of my Jacket, I get lots of comments about it, but I tell ya that's a good thing. It means people see me.

and here I just went with the yellow bike so people could see me.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »
congrads to jeska. that fz600 should be a great starter bike, good saddle height too so she will feel comfortable and be easy to get her feet down.

I am still waiting on my riding pants to come in so i have leg protection, damn italians are so slooow. my boots finally came in last week. it is very difficult to find good gear here in town. fay meyers is a pia too.

i probaly should have bought brighter gear. Everything i have is black. I am second guessing my decision now on gear selection now. i guess i could always buy another jacket for just commuting.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:44 AM »
i probaly should have bought brighter gear. Everything i have is black. I am second guessing my decision now on gear selection now. i guess i could always buy another jacket for just commuting.

most running stores sell reflective vests for exercising at night. I picked one of those vests up and wear it over my black leathers when I want some extra visibility (riding at night).

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:25 AM »
most running stores sell reflective vests for exercising at night. I picked one of those vests up and wear it over my black leathers when I want some extra visibility (riding at night).

good call andrew. that will be a cheap alternative. i don't feel like dropping another $700 on another jacket to just get some extra color.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 03:09:30 AM »
Yeah, the yellow jacket was for commuting.  I may pick up another jacket for weekend riding.

Got a flat rear tire on the R1! >:( Only 400 miles on it!!! Just a thorn really, microscopic hole >:(.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor