Author Topic: Tire Source ROCKS!  (Read 944 times)

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
Tire Source ROCKS!
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
Well, I destroyed my front tires at Pueblo last weekend. I called Pete at the Tire Source to see what he had. Turns out he had just gotten in a whole bunch of very lightly used tires from Tire Rack in 225-45-17. All sorts of stuff, BFG KDW's, Kumho SPT's, Dunlop Dirrenza's, Yokohama Neova's, etc. Pick your poison, $55 each mounted and balanced!

After looking em all over, and lusting after the Neova's, I chose the Dirrenza's. Figured I didn't need a super sticky street tire as I'll either have R comps or a track car next season.

Which brings me to the next subject. While wandering the stacks of tires out front, Pete points out a set of Yokohama A048 R comps in 225-45-17, they look practically new. Price you ask? How about $65 each mounted and balanced!

Ok, that's just stupid cheap, I'm heading back there next weekend with my spare set of wheels to have em mounted and balanced and also have my alignment checked.

Geuss I won't be lusting after those Neova's afterall. BTW, I still have my rear RE-01R's, if anyone wants em, they're about 50% worn.

So that's a set of street tires for $220 and a set of R comps for $260. Two sets for the price of one, WOOT!!
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Tire Source ROCKS!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
awesome.  If they were not so far away from me, I would be there more often.  I used to use them when I lived on that side of town.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:07:22 PM »
They're not all that close to me either, since I'm in Denver now.  It's around 40-45 minutes, but to save a coupla hundred bucks, it's worth the drive...
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!