Author Topic: We're now a two Audi family...  (Read 975 times)

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
We're now a two Audi family...
« on: October 20, 2007, 11:43:18 PM »
Sold my wife's passat this afternoon.  Sold it in a day on craigslist!  For full asking price too, woot!

Bought a '05 B6 A4 Avant 1.8T from Prestige just a little bit ago.  Think I got a decent deal, all the books (NADA, Edmunds, KBB) had it at $25-26k since it was Audi Assured.  We got it for a decent bit less than that, than AoA threw in another $500 for loyalty since I have the S4.

It's silver with black leather, winter package, tiptronic with sport mode, premium package, bose with XM radio.  17k miles on it, Audi assured till March 2011 or 100k miles.  Geuss I won't be working on it, well, ever!  They only do oil changes every 10k miles tho, so I guess I'll be doing every other oil change myself.

They tried to sell me full warranty/service coverage till 75k miles for $690.  It covered the 55k, 65k and 75k service.  They were saying the 75k service is the timing belt as well.  Since this is my wife's car we'll be keeping it till 100k miles.  Think that $690 is worth it vs just taking the car to Avalon or Autobahn or the like?
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: We're now a two Audi family...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
The services are pretty expensive, so in terms of value, and inflation, it is probably a good buy. What about the services before 55K? We love Autobahn dearly obviously, but do what makes the best sense. A t-belt change along will cost more than that and if you are truly keeping the car for a long time it seems like it makes sense. Just double check the factory maintenance schedule and be sure they aren't pulling your leg.

The 10K oil changes are nice, we have that with the Passat. So it's like $65 each year for an oil change roughly. The alternate or 20K service time is about twice that.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »
Josh~
All that service for $700 is a screamin' deal....depending on how much faith you have in the wrenches at the dealer.   :-\
I'd rather pay a shop I trust $1,000 than pay $700 for the same work at a place I don't trust.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
Hmm, I need to check to see what is included on those services and if I can still get that deal.

We tend to keep my wifes cars a long time, we had the passat for 7 years and 94k miles.

All services to 50k are completely free, after that the next 50k are under the Audi Assured.  So if something breaks, it's covered for $50, but the services aren't.
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!