Author Topic: The TB is DONE!!  (Read 7019 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2004, 02:48:47 AM »
Just the res, but we ran the cars a while, topped it off....ran the cars a while....topped it off.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 03:32:13 AM »
smiles lightly...haha

I worked on five cars on sunday and non of them were mine...haha one even a honda gasp!

community living always comes at a price :wink:

Hope the tools all find their way home, ....found mine in trucks of car that I let use em on the next trip in.

the whole event lives past the suffering of one, at least they're thankful hahahahahahahaha

Rocky Mountain Club B5

The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 03:32:13 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004, 03:48:40 AM »
Usually you would fill the radiator first, that is the ideal way to fill the coolant.  The coolant usually wont suck from the resevoit until the engine warms up, at least that's how older cars work.  Good thing you posted that, how many have checked their coolant since?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2004, 03:53:11 AM »
Everyone should know that I have since I had that thermostat leak ou all of the pretty new fluid onto my garage  :-(

On the upside, I am now the termostat masta, having done the only thing wrong you can do.  :mad:
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2004, 01:54:08 PM »
anyone think to poke a weap hole into the thermostat and clock it up to let the fluid preheat the back side and fill the thing with out waiting for it to open..  there is even a mark on the ring to show you where to do it.

Can't trust those little guys! haha the new one stuck closed on the fresh start motor.
had to give it the pump hose and tap with pointy thing to get it to open. he had no weap hole. and it was critical cam breakin to boot..

Sounds like you guys had a super sucessful event with just a few speed bumps!!
Great work you guys, sorry I missed it :wink:

maybe pool a coffee give card for Chas?? Its the little things with heart that make the diff :P

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2004, 02:57:48 PM »
Chas,
Sorry about the mess on Saturday...I owe you alot ;)  (I think you know what I'm talking about) I'll hit you up next week. I really appreciated your assistance and time and effort and all that...you're like the guru on the 1.8T. Thanks for all your help.
I know I bummed some coolant :( . Sorry guys, shoulda come prepped. That was my bad. I'll make sure you all (Pat, Chas) get reimbursed.
I've also not gone through my toolbox yet...I know I didn't borrow too many tools, but I seem to have collected many at my station. Don't know what was up with that. I'll go through it all when I get home and post anythying that's out of place...
Once again....DON'T LEAVE CHAS!
Laters
J
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2004, 03:10:28 PM »
Hot Daaaaamn! You guys were busy on Saturday! I wanted to come help out/watch, but from the looks of it I probably would have just been in the way.. sheesh. Now I kind of wish my car was at 60K like all of you. *sniff*
Anyway, bummed I couldn't make it, but glad you all had a good time and were so productive! I had to work on Saturday, paying my dues I guess. Hopefully I can make the next GTG.
MWJD?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2004, 02:39:48 AM »
Tool check,
I believe I have:
Chas' 6" 3/8" drive extension and what I believe is his 6mm allen? (it doesn't match mine- I already have one)
Win's 10/11mm angled box end wrench

I'm missing:
10mm open/box wrench
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 02:42:18 AM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Tool check,
I believe I have:
Chas' 6" 1/4" drive extension
Win's 10/11mm angled box end wrench

I'm missing:
10mm open/box wrench

Thanks JR, that angled wrench is mine and I think I may have your 10mm open/box wench.  Who makes it?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2004, 03:34:30 PM »
Fooah...I think Craftsman? I'd have to check...I never pay attention to those things..
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 07:43:39 PM »
You have to looooove your tools.  Spend time with them.  Shower with them, take them with you on vacation.  Oh sorry, I was somewhere else for a minute.  LOL! :roll:

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
The TB is DONE!!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2004, 03:05:45 AM »
I do love them...my two cars are running well and this was the first time I've pulled out the tools in...gosh almost two months and yeah, it's a Craftsman that I'm missing...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner