Author Topic: I can't believe I'm finally going to say goodbye to my s4...  (Read 1096 times)

Uber_Wagon

• Stock
I can't believe I'm finally going to say goodbye to my s4...
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:43:21 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm going to say goodbye to the car I thought I'd never get rid of. It's amazing how the priorities have changed after buying a house and getting married.

We decided to downsize the car collection (3 cars for the 2 of us was a bit of overkill) so we traded Deborah's A4 in on a CPO 325xi Sport wagon. And my sensible side says it makes sense to get rid of the S4 since I only drive the car once every 2 or 3 weeks now. And we'll keep the project Cherokee as a second car if we ever actually need one. After 2 weeks of stalling, I'm finally going to put the Avant up for sale in the classifieds this weekend, and I guess on craigslist.

I love the new car, but I'm sure going to miss the kick you in the ass HP of the S4. (215 is a far cry from the 300 I'm used to) I feel like a traitor to get rid of the 2 Audis for a Bimmer, especially when I see some of the new Audis around town. I still think the Audi Styling is far superior to the BMW.

Luckily, If I don't sell it by then, the Porsche group is having an open autocross on the 28th so I can get one last bit of fun with it before it goes.

We have, though, come to an understanding that when we do need to buy a second car the 325 is hers and I will replace my missing S4 with some 300+HP toy! I'm thinking something with an M or an S or an RS in the name. (we'll see if that understanding holds true when it comes time, though)

Besides Audiworld and CraigsList, where would be a good place to put it up for sale where I can find a good home for it?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: I can't believe I'm finally going to say goodbye to my s4...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »
Passatworld, Audizine, Audigeeks, RMCB5 ;D
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:42:31 AM »
All good choices. 

I saw a great 335Xi on W470 today that was awesome. 

For the first time in a long time, I thought it was a damn fine ride from BMW.  VERY clean ride.  I'd drive it.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 01:51:34 AM »
We have been shopping the 325xit as well. They are fun to drive I will admit that. I can only handle it with the sport package, I think that's the only way that car should have been offered.

It's tough making life decisions. I still regret selling my 2.7T A6, mostly because in the end I didn't need to sell it. However, I did because I wanted to buy a house.

Uber_Wagon

• Stock
235xit sport package is not a different suspension.....
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 09:28:05 PM »
Gietl,  If your looking at an xit, don't be fooled by a sport package!  We were going to order one with it, then we found that the onlt difference was the steering wheel, seats and wheels.  The suspension is the same as the non-sport.  There is no sport suspension for the Wagon :(  The seats are nice, though....  I will also say that the 15hp between the 07 328 and the o6 325 is noticable.  the both drive great, but if the price difference between new and CPO weren'yt an issue, I would go fo the 328xit.

The one thing I REALLY like is the comfort access!  I love never having to use the key for anything.

I wish BMW would take the approach to wagons that Audi does, and offer a 335xit or even an M3 Sport Wagon!

If there would have been a 335xit, I would have bought new and done the european delivery!