Author Topic: Any VAG 3287a's in Denver/Boulder  (Read 1555 times)

Corlesdi

• n00balicious
Any VAG 3287a's in Denver/Boulder
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:31:30 PM »
Hey y'all, does anyone have a VAG 3287a (ball joint separator) that I can borrow within the next few weeks?  I'm getting ready to replace all 8 front control arms since the weather is getting nicer and thus I can afford to do without the car (uhh, just in case something goes wrong).  

Kris Hansen's write up on Audiworld really makes a case for using this specific tool and since I'm such a fan of his comments, I figured I'd stick to his suggestions.

Thanks,
Corey

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:55:40 PM »
Man, that's going to be a tough one to come up with in this crowd I would guess. Maybe someone knows someone with that tool. Other than that, I'm not sure. Good luck with the suspension work! :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:55:40 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:18:21 PM »
Hey Corey, good to hear from ya.  I don't think any of us have this tool.  You may not need it but then again, it may make the job a lot easier too...

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Corlesdi

• n00balicious
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:31:49 PM »
Hmmm, I'll probably wind up buying it myself.  Obviously, if I do, you guys will all be welcome to use it.  There's probably a pretty good chance that sooner or later someone else with a B5 will develop creaky control arm ball joints.  I think I read this being a problem somewhere ;-)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 03:13:04 PM »
Quote from: "Corlesdi"
Hmmm, I'll probably wind up buying it myself.  Obviously, if I do, you guys will all be welcome to use it.  There's probably a pretty good chance that sooner or later someone else with a B5 will develop creaky control arm ball joints.  I think I read this being a problem somewhere ;-)

That would be me... I think my bushing is worn out on one of the CAs.. I will have to check out that writeup.
MWJD?