Author Topic: Exotic Rental?  (Read 1820 times)

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Exotic Rental?
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:17:53 AM »
Does anyone have any information about where I can rent an exotic car for a day?  Like a Lambo, Viper or Lotus?
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Exotic Rental?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:20:47 AM »
VEGAS!

I know there is someplace here too, I'll have to think of the name. It may be in these forums somewhere as I think there was discussion about renting a lotus and there was a story about someone missing a gear and killing the lotus.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:20:47 AM »

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:27:01 AM »
Vegas YES!  My wife and I are going there at the end of this month and that is actually what sparked my interest.  However, my wife would rather be caught dead than in a sports car that may drive and handle insanely well!  So, rather than leave her for a day in Vegas while I romp around in a sporty, sexy, sweet vehicle, I thought I might try and find something local and pick up a friend to enjoy it with me.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »
exotic cars - even as rentals have exotic prices.

here's one for $1850.00 per day!
http://www.advantageexoticcars.com/j/i/248
granted it is a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, but still.

FWIW, if youve kept your motorcycle license up, LV harley also rents bikes.  Last time I was there I went on a nice ride on a v-rod for the day.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:26:41 AM »
exotic cars - even as rentals have exotic prices.

here's one for $1850.00 per day!
http://www.advantageexoticcars.com/j/i/248
granted it is a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, but still.

FWIW, if youve kept your motorcycle license up, LV harley also rents bikes.  Last time I was there I went on a nice ride on a v-rod for the day.

very nice. If I had that kind of money to burn...
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
The only ones that I have found so far are Rent-a-vette located in Wheatridge and Altitude Dream Cars in Boulder.  The Lotus is the most affordable choice.  Any other ideas/options?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 02:55:47 AM »
the Hertz prestige collection, isnt exactly exotic, but has some nice cars.  Usually they have some Jags, Audis (S4's) and the occasional Mercedes.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
Exotics will not be cheap, no matter where you look, here, Vegas, if you are looking beyond a Lotus or a non-turbo Porsche (or Vette) I am willing to bet it will be very expensive.

Think about how much the car costs to buy, how much it costs to maintain and figure out how much a payment is then you can see why they charge so much to let you drive one for a few hours.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »
I realize its not cheap and maybe even a little silly to want to rent one, but I am not going to own one for a few years and getting a little taste would be really cool and will provide fuel for my drive to get one.  I just like to shop around, cause I am a cheap bastard.  :-P

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
Well my point is, expect to pay at least $1K for an exotic. And that's probably for like 4 hours and for extremely limited miles.

You can probably find some older Ferrari's somewhere, probably not here. I guess it would be better to know what you want to drive? Do you really want and expect to get an exotic at some point or are you looking for a "sports car" like a P-car, lotus, vette, viper things like that?

The problem with Colorado, not a lot of demand and terrible roads. I remember when the Diablo came out a prominent local car dealer got one of the first ones in the US and promptly cracked the front end of the body driving into one of his dealerships because of all the ramped and guttered entrances we have in the metro area.

There is a lot of risk vs reward in this state for that type of business. So Cal, Vegas, and other more densely populated, image conscious locations will have a good selection.

Altitude was the company I was thinking about earlier, they are probably your best option. Of the cars they offer I would do the Lotus hands down. Boxters are swell but I think the Lotus would be a lot more fun.

I would eat up those 150 miles in 2 hours. That's a lot of money for a short period of enjoyment. :)

The other option, be it a sketchy one, post on Craigslist, maybe there is someone who is trying to keep their fun car and rent it out from time to time. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.