Author Topic: engine is back in + RS6 Intercoolers v stock  (Read 935 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
engine is back in + RS6 Intercoolers v stock
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »
stopped by the shop on Friday to check on my audi.  the new K04 turbo was all bolted up.

here is the engine/transmission/front suspension:

then I got the chance to check out the new RS6 intercoolers.  here they were mounted on their brackets testing the fit in the car.

here is a stock allroad intercooler held up in front of the RS6's for size comparison.  those aluminum end tanks will be good, and the increase width will help keep things cool.

and here is a sideview:  the RS6s are only a little thicker than stock:

finally, took the intercoolers out, and slid the engine under the car and lowered the car down to get the engine in place:

the engine is now bolted in place.  on monday they'll hook everything back up, and get those intercoolers installed.  Tuesday they'll install the new boost controlling AWE/GIAC software, and will do a little tuning.  then the car comes back home.  looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:01:08 AM by gragravar »
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: engine is back in + RS6 Intercoolers v stock
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
Those new IC's are sweet, glad it's all coming back together. Hopefully I can get in there once your car gets out!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: engine is back in + RS6 Intercoolers v stock
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »