Author Topic: thinking of getting an iphone soon..  (Read 1016 times)

bog4rt

• Lightly Modded
thinking of getting an iphone soon..
« on: October 06, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
my questions is does the b5 audi symphony bose stereo have a connection method to any ipods? i thought it was possible but i may be wrong. any input would be nice.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: thinking of getting an iphone soon..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:11:33 AM »
There is a product called icelink I believe. Gragravar on here did a writeup with his Allroad. As for the iPhone, I think the second gen is due around the holidays, or so I've heard.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:11:33 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
yep, the icelink works well for ipod hookup to the car.  My writeup is somewhere on here.

as for the iphone.  I thought about it, but really didnt want to switch to ATT and wanted some additional functionality that the iphone didnt have.  In the end the phone with the best feature set right now is the Nokia N95, I just couldnt justify the price.    so I ended up going with a blackberry curve from t-mobile. 
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

j2w218

• n00balicious
  • Me @ Laguna Seca, yrs ago...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
Hi all, I do have an iPhone and wanted to add my $0.02. Not all iPod accessories will work with an iPhone so you have to test ahead of time. Also, if you plan to use an iPhone in the car, whether it is FM modulator or a direct doc connector setup, you will most likely have to turn on airplane mode which means you won't be able to receive phone calls while listening to music. The reason for airplane mode is sheilding. Without, you get that terrible buzz through your speakers.

So, if this doesn't work for you, just use a normal iPod in the car.

Send any of your iPhone ?'s my way.

This post was done on my iPhone

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »
I would do a searh on Audiworld and on Navplus.us.

I know there are a few write ups around on both phone funtionality and music transfer. You may have to takes bits of information to try to get both to work.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor