Author Topic: HID Issues  (Read 1507 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
HID Issues
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
Problem 1: I'm getting an HIDs not level code. I've attempted to level, but get an error at 55/04/001 and 002. I tried bank 029 vs. 055, but got nothing there (as indicated by Ross-Tech, some cars use the left light bank). I'm going to recode to halogens to see if that fixes it as I might not even have auto-leveling.

Problem 2: I'm pulling another code saying I've got a leveling short at B+ on both lights. What the heck does that mean? Possibly resulting for not having auto-leveling?

Maybe a recode will help?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
Re: HID Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »
Have you checked the switch on the suspension?  Possible you could have knocked it off? ???

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
Have you checked the switch on the suspension?  Possible you could have knocked it off? ???

No. I haven't I know there's been issues with mounting it facing the wrong direction. But it doesn't seem that I even have auto-levelers although I need to look at the original paperwork again, but I thought the car came with Xenon's from the factory. If they didn't, then I probably don't have auto-leveling so when he put in the e-codes, they recoded for "Xenon" not realizing that it'll throw a code if you don't have auto-leveling.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner