Author Topic: Hi all!!! noob on this and a tech question  (Read 1713 times)

SuperTuneMike

• n00balicious
Hi all!!! noob on this and a tech question
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:05:42 PM »
Hey,
Just found out about this forum. I have an '00 Santorin S4 and liv e in the west Denver area.
I was looking for info on AW regarding changing suspension control arm bushings and found this link on the AW Rocky Mountain forum.
ANyone have any experience either changing the bushings in control arms or having someone (shop) do it?
I know the guys at "303". They are close to my shop. I own a motorcycle & ATV tuning shop in Wheat Ridge SuperTuneMotorsports.com and have a great deal of experience taking most any bike, as well as my S4 apart to tune or repair it.
Look forward to any advise anyone could provide. Come see our web site and stop by the ST shop if you have a bike or are interested in a good, friendly motorcycle shop!
thanks,
mike

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Hi all!!! noob on this and a tech question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »
Got pics of the car?

BTW: I answered the question on shops in your tech thread.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
welcome to the board.

I think you'll find most folks here take their cars to randy and todd at autobahn premier service.  that said 303 is a good shop too.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »
getting the lower control arms out is a huge PITA, then the bushings need to be pressed out.  I am assuming that if you own a tuner shop, you might have the tools needed.  You need a ball spreader to get the lower control arms out, then press out the bushings.

As far as the top control arms, it is easier and cheaper to just replace them with new ones.  Those are relatively easy and can be done in about 1.5 hours for both sides for an experienced person.  I have done the uppers many times, not to hard.  Although, the lowers, I will never touch again, easier and cheaper to have an Audi/VW mechanic do it.  303 or Autobahn are your best bets.

Welcome to the club.