Author Topic: The MINI got some trick parts :)  (Read 17108 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: The MINI got some trick parts :)
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I now have a collection of 7 of his knobs...each one different, I have an illness.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
...I have an illness.

Jon, that goes without saying. But at least you recognize.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »

Gutz

• Stock
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2007, 03:24:26 AM »
Quick question for the mini crew. My freind has a mini s and says her car keeps eating oil filters and wanted me to ask you all what you were using. Thanks for the help.
As im an audi guy and told her uh dont know what to tell you.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2007, 04:32:21 AM »
I use the OEM BMW filters. The fit into the canister that you re-use, typical BMW style.  I use synthetic oil and change every 5K miles...even though MINI says you can go 10-15K on oil changes.

I would look into how often she changes her oil, where she is getting them changed, and what type of oil.

I have not heard of anyone else having a problem with oil filters outside of improperly installed ones.

Gutz

• Stock
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
Thanks,neither have i but she is kinda space cadet so...

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »
here is a small progression of the different evolutions of the interior so far, I have just started the new winter project, black coach leather, black, blue and tan alcantara, and custom carbon fiber work.  No more ostrich.  I have all new parts so I don't have to destroy the old ones, so I will have 2 complete interiors when I am done, hehe.  I am really excited about this go around, taking what I learned last time and applying that to the materials and process this go around.  This morning I finished the steering wheel panels, and was really excited about them, so here it is.

IB4JR says "you have a sickness" ;)

stock:

V1.0, the goofy Ostrich leather phase:

V1.5, JCW steering wheel added:

V2.0, the beginning of the new interior, carbon and alcantara:

The sick thing is, I have ordered a sewing machine so I don't have to hand stitch all this stuff again, and I am really excited about getting a sewing machine.  How messed up is that? <bows head in shame>.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:23 PM »
I liked the ostrich leather.   ???

this new turn looks good too though.

I think I may have you help with the interior of the rover once you get done with this.   ;D
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
I liked the ostrich too, just the stripes on the doors, steering wheel and shift boot started to really bother me, as did the tan on the lower half of the dash.  So, since I am wanting to do it all over again, might as well try something new.

I should have stuck with my original thoughts, keep it simple, just black on the dash and doors, with tan in the door pockets.  No blue, no stripes on the steering wheel or shifter boot.

I would be happy to help with the Rover, that would be a fun project...something in Plaid :)

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2007, 10:31:51 PM »

V2.0, the beginning of the new interior, carbon and alcantara:

The sick thing is, I have ordered a sewing machine so I don't have to hand stitch all this stuff again, and I am really excited about getting a sewing machine.  How messed up is that? <bows head in shame>.

lol!
Looks awesome Jon, can't wait to see it!
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »
Hehehe you are doing MORE to it???  It looks great Jon!  And thanks again for all the help (both you and Pat!), brakes seem to be working great.  The lights are better too, not flashed as much, and can see very well still :)

Jonathan

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2007, 01:13:45 AM »
so glad to hear that Jonathan.  Anytime you need a hand on the car, let me know, I would be happy to help.