Author Topic: He's Back! And with more HP this time!!!  (Read 4543 times)

Chas

• Modded
He's Back! And with more HP this time!!!
« on: December 27, 2007, 02:56:37 AM »
I know it's been way too long since I visted this site. (Bad Chas, Bad!!!)
But lots of things have changed. First and for most, the Elegant Green Passat is no more.
It died in a horrible highway accident. I'm fine, the car did it's job very well, but it was totalled. A complete loss. I was only able to pull a few things from the car parts wise, but the rest is all gone. I yanked the APR ECU, my Pioneer HU and I secretly got the HID ballasts and bulbs out. But that's it. The rest was either destroyed or went with the rest of the car to the salvage yard. A sad day indeed.

Here she is:

But now on to the rest of the story.
The resplacement for the dead Passat is a 2003 Audi A6 2.7T! It's a Tip, but I'm getting quite used to that. It's like I'm learning to drive all over again with this car. Between the 2.7T power and the handling of the quattro system, I'm having way too much fun. Just today I was having fun by turning off the ACS and nailing the gas!! It's fun having the back end come out. Just let off the gas and then blip it again and it's all back in line. Too much fun!

Here's how it looked right after we got it.

And now:

Notice Jon's old BBS CH wheels? They survived the crash by living in my garage. They have found a new home yet again.

I just ordered a new RS6 grille for the car today. Next is some tint for the windows, a RS6 trunk spoiler and then I'll have to save up for an APR chip. I also want to run those stupid, stock, brake dust creating brake pads out of the country. Any suggestions of better pads? And a few other goodies.

Anyhow, it's good to be back here. Things have changed quite a bit. Jay has all new rides! Love the Ur S4 Quattro man! And the site is way cool too.

talk to you all soon!

2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: He's Back! And with more HP this time!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:00:07 AM »
Hiya Chas! We've missed you around here. Sad to see what happened to the B5 :( One of the original outlaws too. :( :(

The C5 is looking sweet! I love those rear spoilers, it will be a ncie addition as well as the grille.

I really really really mis my old 2.7T A6, now I can live vicariously through you. :D

Regardless, glad to see you back, hope to see you in person again soon, and don't forget to bring the car. :)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:00:07 AM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:16 AM »
Ouch, looks like a bad wreck, glad you are ok!  Good to hear from you, Happy holidays.. and nice ride :)

Jonathan

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:08:19 AM »
Jonathan, How are you doing? Long time no talk. Still have the S4?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 08:52:06 AM »
awesome Chas...So sad to see the EG go, but nice to see the new beauty you ended up with.  Glad the CHs are still with you.  They are, and always will be my all time favorite wheel!!!

save your pennies for the turbos ;)

What part of town are you in now?  I am in Parker these days.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »
and for low dust brake pads, there are a lot of options.  What brake set up do you have?  Are they the HP2 calipers?  or standard calipers?

Pat is our official brake pad Guru, I just know how to put them in.  I also have a rear brake tool for your car, let me know if you need to borrow it.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »
Hey Chas!  I don't know if you knew, but I am in Colorado again.  I'm down in Centennial near Park Meadows now.  It looks like you have new digs too.

That's so sad about the B5.  It was a great car.  I can never think of it without thinking of this picture and AC/DC:

The A6 looks nice.  I have been thinking about one of those too, but I want an Avant.

I saw you in the DTC area in your B5 a few months back.  I don't know if you recognized me though.  I was in the B5.

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »
I heard about your accident from Hardey when we were down at his shop doing the 40k service on my mk4. He was telling me how he thought it was just a slightly modified B5 and then he started digging into it to find more and more. :) So sorry to hear about its passing.

Looks like a very fine replacement you've got there though, and welcome back!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 07:59:10 PM »
Jonathan, How are you doing? Long time no talk. Still have the S4?

Hey Chas,

Been doing well, just opened up a new office in Gunbarrel and we love it!  It has been a LONG time man.  I do still have the S4, but it is as stock as it was, since I last saw you ;)  What are you up to nowadays?

Jonathan

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:58:50 PM »
Hey Guys! I'm glad to see that the same group of great people are still here. Winston, that's excelent that you are back in Colorado. Jon said he's down in Parker and you're in Cenntenial. Either place isn't far at all from me. I'm in way South East Aurora. Basically Gun Club and Belleview, Tollgate Crossing is the nieghborhood. Right off of Quincy and E-470. I love that picture of my car too. It always makes me laugh. That was a good day we all had!

34K, Hardey is a great guy. He fixed up the clutch in my Passat right before it died. I have plans to take the A6 back into him and have him work on the seat heaters. Something is wrong with the central switching mechanism. All the seats come on and on ass roasting mode. It's really not good, so I pulled the fuse so nothing gets burned up.

I took these yesterday while the weather was good. We have nothing but empty fields behind our house.

Eventually I want to get a new front bumper skin for this car as you can see that I do in fact need one.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot, I ordered a new RS6 Grill for the car. That was the first real upgrade I did to the Passat as well.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »
Sup
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 12:47:07 AM »
OG
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:59:58 AM by jayryan »
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 03:43:56 AM »
Sup

Sup you?

How's it been going Pat?!

Got the new RS6 on Grill today. I thought it was going to be a direct replacemet for the factory grill. Uhhhhh..., NO! That's where the AW Tech write-up pages came in real handy. This other guy named 5Speed6 did it first. It was of great help. Got it on this afternoon. A lot of cutting and drilling, but it's on and looks fab!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:46:13 AM by Chas »
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 07:10:41 PM »
Welcome back.  you'll love that A6, and particularly the 2.7T.  It is a great motor.  just be careful when that mod bug bites.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 01:09:08 AM »
The mod bug bite some time ago man! And there is no cure for it as I understand it.   :-*

I'm still researching what to do first with the engine. I'm thinking doing some preventative steps first. I don't believe the Throttle Body boot has ever been changed. The car has 42K miles on it. I'm thinking that it might be time here soon. I'd love to do the APR Bipipe, but that is an expensive part. Maybe the Samco offering would be a good alternative.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 01:55:57 AM »
sorry to hear about your passat, glad no one was hurt.
Your new ride is a fine choice.
Do a nice 30% black window tint with a light tail light tinting from Jon boy (from the Passat World forums) and possibly a trunk lip spoiler and it will look really hot.

Hope you can return in full force to the Club!
Cheers!
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 01:57:24 AM »
Chas, the TB boot is a concern, but mine was fine at least through 60K miles. Watch those bypass valves, they are easy enough to swap out, but might be worth just getting a couple Forge or similar aftermarket options.

Samco hose kit is always nice, it is pretty expensive, but again is a nice. That engine is packed in there pretty good and it gets hot so those rubber hoses rot pretty good.

I know I had a MAF failure so that would be the other thing I would think about.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 02:54:45 AM »
The mod bug bite some time ago man! And there is no cure for it as I understand it.   :-*

I'm still researching what to do first with the engine. I'm thinking doing some preventative steps first. I don't believe the Throttle Body boot has ever been changed. The car has 42K miles on it. I'm thinking that it might be time here soon. I'd love to do the APR Bipipe, but that is an expensive part. Maybe the Samco offering would be a good alternative.

the mod bug bite for the 2.7T is just that much worse...

TBB is a good start, and the samco kit is good.
Check on the fit of the APR Bipipe before you buy.  I know it fits the S4, but not the allroad, not sure about the A6 2.7T.
intercoolers are a good option.  ERs are the new cool ones to get.  you can probably pick up some AWEs from some S4 owner upgrading to the ERs.  dont make Randy install RS6 intercoolers for you, after doing those on my car, he might kill you for suggesting it.
think about H-sports to improve the handling
a chip is always a good upgrade.
big brakes are needed to slow down faster once you go faster
then again, you could just head for downpipes, exhaust, K04's, a fueling kit, an intake kit...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 03:17:28 AM »
love the black and white pic! Would like to see it with less compression...
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 03:47:18 AM »
Yeah, I like the B&W too. It was shot using a 6 mp Canon Rebel, as a large .jpg. I think between being originated as a .jpg file and then being passed through all the crap of the web hosting services, it looses some of it's effect. I may have darkened a bit too much in the edit. I was just messing around with my PhotoShop program. I haven't really been doing that much with it in a long while. So I'd say I'm rusty at it.

The sky was really cool that afternoon.

I like this one too.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 03:55:28 AM »
so Chas...I thought the 2.7T was for your wife.....it is your official ride now?

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 04:05:52 AM »
Another great shot! You live off of Gun Club? Ever come into Southlands? I work at that Wal Mart...
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »
Yup, I live right off of Gun Club and Bellview. And then East a bit. Yeah, I go to the WalMart there all the time. It's the only place close really.

And yes, the A6 was my wife's car, but she really wanted to be higher up and so we got her a '07 Mitsu. Outlander. It's a really cool truck/car thingy. More truck though with it's selectable 4WD system. In 2WD it's a front driver. Kinda Odd, but great! ANd the 3.0L engine is nasty fast!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »
I have heard great things about the new gen outlander.  Good choice.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »
I like the new Outlander. The power of the Mitek V6 is just under that of the 2.7T!  :o :o :'(  It sounds fairly aggressive too!

There are a few things that my wife wishes she had back from the Audi, like that solid German car feel when you simply shut the door. The A6 is way solid and feels good to slide your butt into. She misses the power, heated seats. Her Outlander has mechanical seats. That can be changed, but at a price. So I am outfitting her Outie (can I call it that? I think I just did...) with a bunch of things she misses from the Audi. I have a set of HIDs coming for her truck, I just picked up a set of aux. fog lamps to go in the cut out spot for them. And a really nice set of rubber floor mats to keep the perfect carpets just that way, perfect.

I need to find a set of seat covrs that will work with her side curtain airbags that deploy from the seats. Any advice as to where I should look?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »
www.wetokole.com for seat covers, custom fit, works with air bags, and you can get any color  you want.

I like that they changed the look of the "outie", much more aggressive than the eye sore of the last gen.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
We bought her truck from HM Brown over off of Arapahoe Rd. Same place we got the A6. Great way to buy any car.
The Outie (if you say it fast it sounds like Audi... he he he...) was used and had 10K miles on it. It's in perfect shape and has most of it's 4 year warrenty still in effect.  :)
I saw one of the last gen. Outlanders the other day, nasty looking thing. The new body style is really cool. For Christmas I got her one of the hood protector things. It was way easy to install and actually looks great on this truck. It doesn't stick out and look odd.

Thanks for the Wetokole web site.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 06:44:43 PM »
you are welcome, I have almost bought covers from them over and over, but then I just found blue leather seats for the MINI, so it was a moot point.

Now I am looking into race seats and brackets.