Author Topic: Jon is gonna finish that mini, just in time for his perfect car to come out  (Read 4947 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
based on this years mini clubman model. the mini "crossman" is a good mix of allroad and mini.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
they confirmed they are building that, in Australia....based on the X1 that BMW should be coming out with.  If that is the case....that will be my car in 2010, for my 40th birthday....well, 41st anyway, but I am already saving my pennies :)

That is a great photo chop someone did, and I have seen many other versions on the web.  Lots of opinions, and upset folks that they are doing an SAV, but for me, I love it and the character it has.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

RobD

• Modded
..that will be my car in 2010, for my 40th birthday....well, 41st anyway,

Such a pup!   ;)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
haha   :D

Chas

• Modded
But look back atthe history of the Mini. The Austin Mini that is. There were such vehicles. The Mini Woodie is the best example of that. Austin also did a "Truck" Mini! Basically the cab was closed behind the drivers seat and a small (very small) flat bed was the rest. So BMW has presidence for doing this Jon. I know you're happy about, but those other people are simply ignoring the history of this legendary car!

BTW, have you ever driven a "real" Mini? If you think Jon's car is small...

The one I drove was a right hand drive version of the Mini Cooper with a Visard Tuned 1275cc engine. Those 12" Cooper wheels were a total blast! The normal posture of that car on the track was like a dog taking a piss on a fire hydrant! Inner rear wheel off the ground and they were F-A-S-T, Fast!

It think it's cool too Jon!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
But look back atthe history of the Mini. The Austin Mini that is. There were such vehicles. The Mini Woodie is the best example of that. Austin also did a "Truck" Mini! Basically the cab was closed behind the drivers seat and a small (very small) flat bed was the rest. So BMW has presidence for doing this Jon. I know you're happy about, but those other people are simply ignoring the history of this legendary car!

why wouldn't I be happy about that?  I think the old trucks and vans made from the Mini platform were awesome.  I am not ignoring the history of the car, I want a classic painted to match my 2003, like a MINI and Mini Me...hehe.  Then if I can get a 4 door SAV made by MINI, I would be the happiest guy around.  I am very excited about the idea of an all wheel drive mini ute...can't be much smaller inside than the Impreza I have now, no leg room in the back, but all we carry around is the dog, so heck, all I want is a small, all wheel drive, powerful, fuel friendly commuter that has some style.  I was seriously considering an X3 for the next vehicle, either that or a new WRX automatic, but I hate the 4 speed auto.  Now that this will be an option, it may be a no brainer :)

I have driven an original Mini, and a Vtec Mini...it had 190hp, and was so stinkin fast, it totally blew my mind.  I love the steering wheel set up in them, like a mack truck.

Chas

• Modded
I know you're happy about this future offering from BMW and I know you know that I know that you know the history of he Mini. I was talking about other people who dislike the idea of BMW offering a 4 door SAV version. I get one too, but only if it had the Woodie side moulding package as an option!

I drove one of those too! What a goofy car.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
some concepts, photochops and one man's real world attempt at an all wheel drive Cooper S from the R53 platform.

one one really off the wall, funny concept....

another odd ball job

and some Mini off road history for those that are searching, and stumble across this thread via google or something :)

The pick up that Chas was talking about

and a van

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr

really glad they didn't make this one, I kind of hope they fired someone for it actually.
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Jon is gonna finish that mini, just in time for his perfect car to come out
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
I want that one ^^^^^^
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »
Saw the first commercial on TV last night.
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 02:51:44 AM »
that Crossman is really cool!  I would totally get that, especially if it has AWD.  It's like the poor man's Range Rover.

The Clubman is rather disappointing as it is not that much different than the Cooper and the odd proportions and all those window seams on the rear and passenger side is a bit off putting.

VW should follow suit with the NB as it is very long in the tooth, and will be probably be discountinued soon just like the PT Cruiser novelty car.  I like Car magazine's comment on the PT Cruiser as being a joke that is long drawing thin.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 04:57:20 AM »
Yes, a lifted and extend capasity mini...  ???  I'm sorry man, but that seems as good of an idea so a lowered 22" rim'd pick up truck
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
that is pretty cool. so is it real? or just a photochop?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
photo shop.  They are building it, in Austria, based on the BMW X1.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:41:43 PM by 03Indigo »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
is the youtube linking no longer working?  I see nothing, but when I go to edit, it is all there? hmmm.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
It's working for me.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
working now, must have been a laps in the interwebnetz.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar