Author Topic: Engine Swap  (Read 2743 times)

Ramrod

• Stock
Engine Swap
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
Okay, I've been gone for a while but I am back now lol. I want to do an engine swap from my shitty little 12v to a 30V and do a PES G2 S/C. I know that its a lot more money and going to be a bigger pain in the ass then a 1.8t but I like the V6 so i'm going to stick with it. I want to know if any of you have done anything like this or know any body that has and if so do you have any helpful hints? I've been talking to a guy named Tony at PES and we are putting together a plan for about 325whp, and hopefully we can pull it off. I am going to do all the internals and what not with the 30V engine outside of the car, get it all preped and ready, then when i have the G2 and everything I am going to pull the engine and cradle for about a week and install everything that we need to. What do you guys think? and do you have any HELPFUL lol advice. Thanks Much!!!!
Pearl White 96' A4 2.8
Full Magnaflow Exhaust with high flow cats, K&N 57i CDI, Halo headlights

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
Re: Engine Swap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »
Sell car.

Buy S4.

Have a faster car for far less $$ and headache.
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:14:44 AM »
I understand your desire for the V6, but it's going to be quite and undertaking. I don't have anything useful to add but good luck and I think if it all works out you are going to be pretty happy with the end result. :)

Ramrod

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:34 AM »
lol i would go for the S4 but everyone tells me unless i am a doctor or a really well paid something not to get one. I called audi only and i can get a 30V for 2g's so the s/c will be the most $$$$. if this becomes way more then i have it planned out to be i'll just sell it and get a 1.8t lol however i wanna make this work so.
Pearl White 96' A4 2.8

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
Yeah you can get a motor for $2k... and $10K and a year later you might have a running car.

You'd have more of a fighting chance with an older non OBDII car.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

KWilson

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »
Sell car.

Buy S4.

Have a faster car for far less $$ and headache.

Docwyte speaks the truth.  Even if you get the engine swap done (which sounds like a nightmare), you still need to address things like brakes & suspension.  It also seems like S4's are really starting to drop in price.

I used to have a 30v, and was very close to buying a G2 for it.  I'd much rather have an S4 as it is a much nicer car overall.

snickryder

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.SNYMO.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
I actually bought a PES s/c kit for my 98.5 A4 Avant.  Had everything I needed to do the install, but the week before I went and drove a used S4 sedan at Prestige and bought it on the spot.  Traded the A4 and sold the s/c kit. 

Don't get me wrong, the s/c kit is very nice and the G2 version is even better, but you just can't beat that "from the factory" fit/finish/feal and the money and time savings would be huge.

Just another opinion though.

Rick
Rick Snyder | 2003 GTI VR6 | 1997 BMW M3 Sedan | www.Snymo.com

Ramrod

• Stock
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 03:53:58 AM »
I am looking into both options as i got more info on prices for both cars. I'll keep you all posted!
Pearl White 96' A4 2.8