Author Topic: Help with DVD and mfd2 Navigation  (Read 1741 times)

zadieman

• n00balicious
Help with DVD and mfd2 Navigation
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »
I just bought an 07 Passat 4Motion 3.6 with the DVD based Navigation system. I have seen someone get a fix done for running regular DVD's through the LCD screen of the Navi. I see lots of " you should be able to get it this way" but no one seems to have done this and posted a DIY. I don't want issues with the lock out of the non-drivable DVD. Meaning you can't DVD while driving. Any hints. I have looked at wwwVWNAVI.Com and it isn't real helpful. Any body done this???
Casi Cielo
1979 Conv SB - 2007 B6 4 Motion

DeathMoJo

• Stock
Re: Help with DVD and mfd2 Navigation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »
Same navigation that I have in the '06 GTI.  This has been a ongoing debate on the vortex and has gone round and round.  There is alink of a guy on vortex that supposedly got it working.  When i emailed him i never got a response.  Others have tried to figuring a way to make the NA navigation accept an input signal, as the Euro navigation can.

Try the vortex for more information.  Been over 3 months since i looked.  Also, the new navigation that is in the Tiguan is supposed to be a plug and play system.  Might look into that as well but won't be out until summer.
Union 1609
http://www.union1609.com

2006 MKV GTI - Black Magic - 2.0T - 6 speed - My toy...
1991 MKII GTI - Red - VR6 - 5 speed - My... other toy!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Help with DVD and mfd2 Navigation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »