Author Topic: what's the difference?  (Read 14268 times)

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
Re: what's the difference?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
So, I placed my order on 2/12 and I still can't locate the package with the tracking number they gave me :P.  ColoradoB5, how long did it take to get yours? Did you have problems tracking the shipment?  Gietl, did you ever end up ordering?
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »
I have not ordered yet. It appears from a post on AW that they do ship UPS, so it either hasn't actually been picked up and shipped by UPS or they sent the wrong tracking number?

From their website:

Quote from: VVME.com
ALL ORDERS ARE DELIVERED IN 2 - 5 BUSINESS DAY EXPRESS WORLDWIDE.

We use EMS,DHL,TNT to deliver the product to you. As EMS is a very good courier which have good connection with the customs. We declare the KIT as a gift or samples with $19.88 for each kits, so you won't need to pay for the TAX or VAT at all.
If the package gets lost we will ship another one immediately.
We process orders during business days only: Monday through Friday.
Please provide your phone number during checkout. Failure to do so may result in shipping delays.
We do not ship to PO Boxes. Physical address is needed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:48:23 PM by gietl »

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:11 PM »
Here are some links to AW, looks like there was some confusion on one guys order, you guys ordered around the same time I think:

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/213038.phtml

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/212469.phtml

I'm not sure if you got a confirmation email or anything like that. I guess if you look at that one thread, the first poster says it is coming from UPS so I stand corrected to my post above.

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »
Thanks for the links Gietl, even though they only succeeded in depleating my confidence in vvme... :-\... ;)    I hope I haven't been hosed here- 

I DID get a confirmation email promptly after ordering them.  It provided me with a UPS tracking number and informed me that if I wasn't able to track the package right away, then wait 2-4 days and then look.  Well, itís been nine days or so and I'm STILL NOT able to track the UPS number given! >:( 

Apparently, they don't have anyone who can understand English, since their grammar is horrible.  For example:   "If you don't receive the kit after 10 days, please contact us by MSN: hidwholesale@hotmail.com"....AND.... "If you satisfied with our service and product please referral us to your friends." HAAh!!!

I've sent them two emails to two different addresses with my receipt attached....still waiting to hear back from them :'(

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »
In one of those threads I linked to the guy posts an email address of someone that seems to respond. Might want to give it a shot. I was going to order soon, so i want to be sure everything goes smoothly.

FWIW, the guy having the issue in those threads, I think he bought on eBay, so I guess take that however you want, but sometimes there are payment notification problems via eBay.

Also, they do sell on eBay, but in the end you only save like $1 as it turns out. The kit is cheaper, but the shipping is higher. :D

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »
In one of those threads I linked to the guy posts an email address of someone that seems to respond. Might want to give it a shot.
I think I saw that, I'll have another look and give it a try.

I was going to order soon, so i want to be sure everything goes smoothly.
I'm glad I could serve as your ginney pig!  :) ;D  At least I could finally be of assistance to someone around here!

Also, they do sell on eBay, but in the end you only save like $1 as it turns out. The kit is cheaper, but the shipping is higher. :D
Funny how that all works, huh?  ;)
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 05:09:16 PM »
Okay, how do you interpret this?

"Han Fei vvmecom (at) gmail.com"

hanfei@gmail.com ?

Maybe a stupid question, just thought I'd throw it out there....or just wait until I don't get an error reply from my email-
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
I was thinking is was vvmecom@gmail.com

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
I was thinking is was vvmecom@gmail.com

Hmmmm....perhaps....I'll give that one a try too.  (I haven't received anything back saying the hanfei@gmail.com didn't work).

Not that it matters- I doubt I'll ever get a reply from any of the umpteen emails I'm going to end up sending. :(
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »

Holy smokes!  Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention....I actually heard back from the notorious "Han Fei" at vvme (thanks for the suggestion on the email address Gietl; it seemed to do the trick).

Well, looks like the tracking number they gave me WAS the right one, it just never left.  After a mere 11 days, it will be picked up this morning from China.  This is the explanation I received:

"Please wait another 2-3 days.There is some trouble with UPS shipping here these few days.
We'll contact UPS to solve it."

None the less, it's at least in transit! :D
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »
Great to here! For the most parts I have not heard many complaints about these guys. Way more good things than bad things, so I wasn't too worried, only wish it would have been shipped on time. ;)

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
Great to here! For the most parts I have not heard many complaints about these guys. Way more good things than bad things, so I wasn't too worried, only wish it would have been shipped on time. ;)

I hear ya-  We'll just have to see just how well they expedite your order next, eh!?  ;D

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
glad to hear it is on the way.  I was thinking about ordering a kit from them for my new rover.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
glad to hear it is on the way.  I was thinking about ordering a kit from them for my new rover.

Yea, from the reading I've done, vvme seems like they've got a good product, are becoming quite popular, but just have some hit and miss horror stories. 

I'm glad mine are on the way, but I doubt the problem would've been resolved if I hadn't bombarded them with emails-
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

Kraylon

• Stock
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 03:42:56 AM »
have you got them yet???

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »
have you got them yet???

Yep-pers!  03Indigo installed them for me this week ;D  They look awesome-
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »
FYI...I ordered a set of H7's 4300K from VVME on 3/27, and they arrived today, 4/4.  I guess their shipping is variable ;). These will be going into my brother-in-laws car soon.

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
That's good to hear :)  I still need to adjust mine.  I haven't even replaced the batteries in my flashlight, how lazy is that?
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »
LOL....that is wayyyyyy lazy.  Get on it man, get on it.

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »
LOL....that is wayyyyyy lazy.  Get on it man, get on it.

LMAO, I know, I'm pathetic...  To make things worse (regarding the simple notion of purchasing more batteries) my company sells the damn things!  I walk past them nearly everyday, but it never clicked..."hmmm, maybe I should grab some"....Derrrr-

I'll make a sincere attempt to get-er-dun this Sunday.  I wouldn't want your efforts to be done in vain Jon! ;) :)
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:51 PM »
so did you ever get your bulbs? I am thinking about ordering some, but i wanted to see how you guys worked out first.. I think i am going to get a set for the Ducati too.  :)

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 12:59:58 PM »
so did you ever get your bulbs? I am thinking about ordering some, but i wanted to see how you guys worked out first.. I think i am going to get a set for the Ducati too.  :)

If you're referring to me, I sure did....eventually!  03Indigo, as well as everyone else, seems to have had much better luck than I did with their shipping experiences.  But when it was all said and done, I'm very happy with the end result.

Oh yea, and Jon-  I adjusted my lights on Sunday! [woo-hoo!] Although, the range of movement must be very minimal.  You did warn me it would take awhile, so I think I need to reserve a bit more time in the future, and do a more accurate/better job of it-
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »
nice, glad you got them more aligned...makes a difference, doesn't it :)

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
nice, glad you got them more aligned...makes a difference, doesn't it :)

To be honest, I had a hard time finding a "constant", or a "desired" beam position, from which I could use to adjust off of.  With that being said, the beam pattern does seem to be pointing a bit higher (which is what I desired to have happen).  But then again, I do need to have another crack at it and make sure they are truly positioned correctly. ;)
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

FFRAY16

• n00balicious
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 02:56:48 AM »
I started reading this post awhile ago and since then have purchased two sets for my 2002 Passat wagon. One for the headlights and one for the driving lights. In my experiance I have found it easier and cheaper to purchase them through Ebay :D. They have a link at there website that sends you to there listings on Ebay. I saved about $40.00 ;D.You are buying from the same company and receiving the same product, I cannot tell you why the price is differant but I am not complaining. ???Hopefully this will help someone.I still have to get around to installing them.To me it looks longer than a few hours,but with manual in hand I go bravely forward.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 06:29:24 AM »
seriously, it should take LESS than an hour, I can install a set in about 30 minutes with experience