Author Topic: VAG help in DTC tomorrow?  (Read 6012 times)

shummer

• Modded
Re: VAG help in DTC tomorrow?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:37 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 02:34:05 AM »
link to full size version of the above (the resizing makes it hard to read)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/vwvixn98/bacon-_flowchart.jpg
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

dubaudi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 02:46:07 AM »
LMAO that was ROMFL funny
92 MkII GTI
00 Audi A4 1.8T
90 G60 Corrado

MikeWire

• Stock
    • BigSkyVW
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 02:50:37 AM »
I meant no offense, but I struck a nerve I suppose.  My 'tone' maybe wasn't interpreted the way I intended, and I played devils advocate too well.  If you bash a shop, be as detailed as you can with the problems.  As far as we know the dealership, for example, was shown a torn boot multiple times, and nothing was done.  But, what we don't know is that maybe a part on backorder, or they have it coming from a different distributor, or maybe your friend did not want to pay $350 for the part, so it was not fixed.  It certainly doesn't sound like thats the case, but it could be, and we wouldn't know...all we would hear is that your friend got bad service.  It seems strange to me that they didn't get it fixed, then hand your friend a $600 bill...which would be the typical stealership style.  I simply questioned the fact that there must be something else going on here.  And, as a consumer, it's your job to question the dealership/shop on what they have done or will do, and you shouldn't feel 'ashamed' for doing so.  But have specific details if you do question anything they do or have done...not just "I hear they suck".  Customers will typically tell others about bad experiences three times more often than telling about an awesome experience.  And a good shop who made a mistake gets a bad rap.  I said it in my first post and I'll say it again: Do they have an obligation to fix it?  Yes!  But they won't give away the shop to do so, nor should the customer expect them to do so.

Now, my second post, again no offense was meant.  I didn't call anyone ignorant.  However, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."  -Benjamin Franklin.

Why not forget Emich and go to Autobahn, RS Motorsports, Autosport Werks, SCR?  I don't know the area, so maybe for whatever reason (warranty, distance, etc.) it's not possible, but cmon...if they are that bad then do something different.  Example: I bought my F-150 from Medved Auto in Castle Rock, but lived in the Springs.  Every oil change I took it back to Medved because they did an A+ job.  I wouldn't trust the guys at Phil Long because I didn't like the "vibe" from the service guys and sales people. 

Seeing, and reporting both sides of the argument is my whole point.  If that offends you, I'm sorry...but it's not a personal attack on you (or your friend) - please don't take it that way.

I'm curious about the outcome of the whole thing for sure, so hopefully you will keep us updated??!

ps - 6 new replies...lol at the bacon.
MikeWire
Site Admin | BSVW | BSEuro
A Premier Montana Euro Enthusiast's Community
2000 Jetta | 1990 Passat R.I.P

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
Mike, the horse is dead, stop beating it.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 10:35:17 AM »
ps, I had a BLT last night for dinner, with 8 strips of bacon.  Now I am having breakfast with 7 pieces of bacon...cuz that is all that was left.

dubaudi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 10:38:26 AM »
Damn now i got to make me some bacon. Just got home from work and im hungry. couldnt figure out what to have till i read your post. LOL
92 MkII GTI
00 Audi A4 1.8T
90 G60 Corrado

Dizzle

• Stock
    • T-Square's Virtual Insanity
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 01:06:09 PM »
Bacon FTW!!!!
~Dizzle

MikeWire

• Stock
    • BigSkyVW
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
Mike, the horse is dead, stop beating it.

There were 6 new replies from the time I replied to the time I hit post. :P

Most of them were about bacon.  I get the hint. :)
MikeWire
Site Admin | BSVW | BSEuro
A Premier Montana Euro Enthusiast's Community
2000 Jetta | 1990 Passat R.I.P

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 02:57:21 PM »
Here's to a bacon free thread.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:33:43 PM by SweetVW »
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
This thread has been derailed enough, there is valuable info in this thread. Lets keep it that way. :D

I do agree bacon is good, but for the next person trying to find answers they are just going to be confused. ;)

Dizzle

• Stock
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 04:47:40 PM »
I am sequestered in our other office, but I believe they actually changed the plugs and replaced the coil pack again. Cleaned up the adhesive crap. Once he gets back from lunch (probably consuming bacon) I will ask him for the run down.
~Dizzle

Dizzle

• Stock
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »
I am sequestered in our other office, but I believe they actually changed the plugs and replaced the coil pack again. Cleaned up the adhesive crap. Once he gets back from lunch (probably consuming bacon) I will ask him for the run down.

Hmmmm...nope. They replaced the destroyed washer, cleaned up the plug and called it good.
~Dizzle