Site Stuff > Announcements

Important Announcement Regarding the RMCB5 Gallery

(1/5) > >>

92UrS4:
Effective April 1, 2008 (no this is not  an April fools joke) Rocky Mountain Club B5 will no longer host member photo galleries. We will continue to host event, tech and other RMCB5 specific photo galleries.

RMCB5 wanted to give you ample time to save off any pictures you may not already have copies of. After April 1, 2008 we will cease the ability to create albums and upload/edit photos on a user basis.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here. Below you will find the answer to a few common questions.

Q: Why?
A: Offering image hosting for member albums was a nice, but due to numerous issues with the gallery software, user complaints and sometimes abuse it has become more of a deterrent then a benefit. Along with the negatives there are ample free hosting services out there that should allow members to host and link to their photos.

Q: Can you just send me a backup?
A: No, well yes, but no. It has always been the users responsibility to keep a backup of their images. If that has been true then there should be no need for this request.

Q: What will happen to the member galleries?
A: On some unknown date after April 1, 2008 the entire member Gallery will be purged, as well as the members abilities to create albums, upload and edit photos.

Q: Will RMCB5 offer image hosting for a fee?
A: There is no plan at this time.

Q: Where can I host my pictures now?
A: There are a number of free sites available, a few that come to mind are, flikr and picasa. A simple web search should turn up a number of options.

Q: What if I have more questions, should I PM an Admin or Moderator?
A: No, just respond to this thread and we will do our best to answer your questions.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

92UrS4:
Just a reminder that April 1 is rapidly approaching, consider this fair warning.

Eric18T:

--- Quote from: gietl on February 24, 2008, 08:53:35 PM ---Q: Why?
A: user complaints and sometimes abuse .

--- End quote ---

Jay -  first of all thankyou for maintaining this site all these years for us. Secondly Can we find out who was compplaining so we can pound on them?

03Indigo:
got my pictures downloaded....all set.  Thanks for the warning :)

kraut-sled:
Does this mean that on March 31st I can upload all sorts of "questionable" images with out fear of retribution? :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version