Author Topic: fuel issues and temp issues  (Read 2039 times)

Kraylon

• Stock
fuel issues and temp issues
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:18:48 AM »
last saturday, i was under the hood trying to figure out why my car never hits normal operating temp when i discover that the "bowl" that my fuel pressure regulator is filling up with fuel so i shut off the car and remove the fuel regulator to check on the gaskets. i just put this regultor in 9 months ago since my other was doing the same thing which i found one of the gaskets had a slight tear in it.

i looked at it good and close no tears no swelling of the gaskets so i put it back in and it does the samething, so i started looking at the fuel rail and notice that the bowl on the intake manifold side has a slight bend in it, so i guess it is new fuel rail time, which i hope solve this issue.

and now the temp issue, my raditor fan runs all the time when the car is on, but it spins freely when the car is off, so i think i have it figured out, but i can't seem to find where audi has hiden the Radiator Fan Switch and to make thing even better i can't seem to find my bentaly manual

any help would be great

MikeWire

• Stock
    • BigSkyVW
Re: fuel issues and temp issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
What year/model/motor? Looks like B5 A4 1.8t from your avatar...

The fan switch is located on/in the radiator by the lower hose IIRC.  You could also have a bad relay #213 in the fuse panel under the lower dash under the drivers knee bolster.  I would start with the fan switch because they are known to fail - and it's a pretty cheap fix.

For the fuel rail you could get the BBM rail kit (with the adapter) or just get the adapter: http://www.bahnbrenner.com/vw_audi/products/1833/FPR_Adapter_New_Style_MK3_MK4

MikeWire
Site Admin | BSVW | BSEuro
A Premier Montana Euro Enthusiast's Community
2000 Jetta | 1990 Passat R.I.P

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »

Kraylon

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:25:53 AM »
I have an 01 a4 1.8t i was looking at getting the atp fuel rail and adapter since it is about 50 dollars cheaper then others that i have found including the one you gave me the link to

on the fan control switch i have found 3 of them all 3 of the have a different temp range, which i think it is just better to stay with the normal temp range but any suggests would be great

MikeWire

• Stock
    • BigSkyVW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 03:35:10 AM »
Have a link to the fuel rail? 

I would go with stock temp on the fan switch.
MikeWire
Site Admin | BSVW | BSEuro
A Premier Montana Euro Enthusiast's Community
2000 Jetta | 1990 Passat R.I.P

Kraylon

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »
here is the link http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=VVWFE the rail and adapter are on the bottom of the page.

and i argee on the fan switch