Author Topic: Official Car History Log  (Read 31154 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Official Car History Log
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:26:42 PM »
In order to play, you must back up your list with pics of your cars, or internet representations of cars similar to your car

Well, I have been meaning to do this for years, not just a list, but as many pics of the cars that I could find.  The smaller pics are from the net, the larger pics are of the actual cars I have owned over the years.  I just wanted to start an official log for members to post and maintain their car history, with pics. 

So, since driving in 1986, I have owned a few cars, and I changed my mind a lot.  I really miss some of them.  Ones I wish I still owned are the Pathfinder, the Disco and my 2003 Indigo Passat.  I will keep the MINI forever, at least that is the plan now...and it is in it's 5th year of ownership.  Betsy plans on keeping the Tacoma forever, but he Impreza, my daily driver, will be my daily driver until my 40th birthday, in 1.5 years, at which point, I will look into something new and fun for myself for a birthday present.  Right now, I am thinking MK5 R32 or A3 3.2QDSG Sline.  But in 1.5 years, that will totally change again :)

here is the list and the pics:

1982 Toyota Supra--Dad's car, it was a hand me down

1986 Honda CRX Si--my first new car given to me by my parents, mine was red.

1984 Jeep CJ Loredo--bought this in college, first car I bought on my own, mine was dark blue with a tan hard top.

1982 BMW 320i--bought this one on my own, drove it from 150K miles to 220K miles, the engine blew a cylinder wall, did not have the money for a re-build at the time.

1984 Subaru Wagon GL--bought this as a cheap solution to the BMW blowing up...drove it for a year until I could arrange financing for a new car with a warranty.

1993 Geo Prism LSi--opted for this over the Carola, same car, $3500 less.  Drove this through part of graduate school.

1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6, bought this off my mom at the end of her lease.

2001 Yamaha R1--used as a summer commuter as the Pathfinder got horrible mileage and I was just starting out.  It was fun going to work on this thing.

2001 Yamaha Road Star 1600 V-twin--I thought I wanted the bad boy bike...that was a bad choice.  This thing was heavy, and sluggish around corners. It lasted only about 4 months.  Loved it the first month, after that, I hated it.  Luckily I found someone to buy it right away for a very minimal loss.

actual shots of the cars from here on out:
2000 VW Beetle GLS 2.0--Red...sold the pathfinder and the sport bike to minimize payments and increase gas mileage.  I averaged 34mpg in this car
---see group pic below

2001.5 VW Passat GLS 1.8T--the Red Beetle had an engine tick that they could not fix, so they lemon lawed it, but could not find me an exact replacement, so I opted for a black Passat, but could not afford the upgrade to leather interior at the time.

2001 VW Beetle GLX 1.8T--missed the beetle so much, I went and bought another turbo, a silver GLX.  First car I started to modify.
---see group pic below

2003 VW Passat GLS 1.8T, the original 03Indigo :)---bought this as I filed for divorce, ex-wife got the silver Beetle, I was stuck with the yellow Focus seen below....frickin lawyers.  So, I took a huge loss on that, and went out and got the Passat I really wanted, Indigo blue with black leather...oh yeah. Modded everything in the first 6 weeks...I was really pissed at the divorce lawyers.  This is when I met up with everyone  for the first national GTG at Boris's house and my first Track experience at SCR.

all the cars in one shot, including the ex wife and me

2001 Ford Focus SE--my ex-wifes :lol:..she wanted a yellow car, but did not want another VW in the family---I hated this car, and so did she.  the biotch, I got taken to the cleaners on this car, only owned it for about 9 months before the divorce.  She always took my Beetle as she liked that more.

1996 Land Rover Discovery V8--after the divorce was final, I needed a winter vehicle to keep the Indigo Passat looking nice.

2001 Audi Allroad 2.7T--settled up with the lawyers for a huge financial loss, re-financed the house to get out of having to pay my ex money for years, took the extra money and bought the allroad.

2003 MINI Cooper R50--walked in for a joy ride test drive, drove out with a car.  My all time favorite car, EVER.

2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited--blew up the allroad, wanted a large turbo wagon, but did not want to pay $45k for similar power to the allroad, this was a great option.  Sold it to help pay for our new house in Parker...looked better for our financing and home loan.

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xcab SR5--Betsy's truck.  She wants to be burried in it.

2006 Honda Civic EX--bought this to save on gas money with my commute to Denver.  Betsy HATED the car, the notchy 5 speed, and the slope of the windshield...made her sick to her stomach.  I did get 43mpg on average with it though.  I miss that, and the alpine navigation system on it.

2006 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon, my current daily driver--got this for the all wheel drive and the 4 doors.  Betsy said no more coupes, :(.  It was needed since she hated the Civic, we only owned that for 5 months, and we needed the back seat for our puppy.  Getting around 30mpg with my commute, not bad, but not great. Does go like a bat out of hell in the snow, but on warm dry days, the 4 speed auto is kinda slow. It is trouble free and solid like a rock.  We will Keep this one for a long time for the puppy hauler.

Currently, we only own the MINI, the Impreza and the Tacoma.  Have not changed cars in almost 2 years.  Which is unusual for me. :). All 3 of these current vehicles will be with us for a LONG time, the 4th car will be added around my 40th birthday...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:47:47 AM by 03Indigo »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Re: Official Car History Log
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »
My car history:

(This one not actually mine)

(This one really is mine)

Not quite the storied history of 03Indigo.  =(
Well, maybe not quite the storied history in NUMBER of cars.  =)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
1985 Toyota Corolla - Mine was the same color as this, my sis and I shared it

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brougham - last of the V8's - Stock photo

1993 VW Fox - My first brand new car!
Who's that skinny punk?

1977 IHC Scout - Still got it...I think, I haven't seen it in awhile..LOL

2000 VW Passat 1.8T - First car I financed on my own, and was new! Still regret selling it.

2000 Audi A6 2.7T - Really regret selling this one.

1990 VW Jetta Coupe 8V - Should ahve kept this as well...sigh

2006 VW Passat 2.0T - Package 1 + CWP - Current

1992 Audi UrS4 - Current

I left the motorcycles off the list. :)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
1978 Suzuki 50cc (not mine, but first cycle ever)

198? Yamaha IT 250 (great bike, had tons of fun sold to a nice kid)

1985 Honda XR 500 (again, not mine-owned at the same time as the KX)

1988 Kawasaki KX 125cc (not mine, but awesome bike- melted a piston)

1978 Mercury Monarch (not mine)

1988 Volkswagen Fox (not mine)

1985 Honda Civic (not mine, but looked exactly like it)

1988 Mazda MX-6 (not mine) Ex-Wife's

1999 Volkswagen Passat

2000 Nissan Xterra (again, not mine)

2004 Volkswagen Jetta (and again, not mine)Ex-wife's

2003 Audi A4

I have pics of most of my cars somewhere...but yeah.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 03:18:11 AM by jayryan »
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
I don;t think I have any pics of my old ride... I will have to look Oh well, this will do.

1995 Caprice jail car

and you all know my current ride -  1993 90cs quattro

This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »
1992 Audi UrS4 - Current

I so love that car!!!  ;D

I do not have pics posted yet but here it goes.

1984 Dodge Ram van (acutally dad owned it and I drove it)
1988 Mazda 323 SE (again dad owned and I drove)
1986 Olds Cutlass Ciera (Wife owned)
(I bet your thinking "when is this guy ever going to own his own car!")
1999 Saturn SC2
2000 VW Passat GLS
2002 VW GTI 337
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:27:21 PM by SweetVW »
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
Great cars guys, I have got to do some work to gather the pics of my list.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:07:48 AM »
1985 Ford Mustang LX purchased from my grandma  :)

Not really mine (obviously) but a striking resemblance none the less...was dark blue with (chrome) five stars, 15% tint

1987 Quattro 4000cs, never should've gotten rid of this

Again, not mine, but looked identical color and all

2001 Hyundai Accent- first new car, needed something reliable for work

Mine was white and just as sorry

2001 A4 1.8t

Current

2005 Sorento

(wife's) current, but white
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:37:20 AM »
yeah, I am gonna make a rule, you can't post unless you can back it up with pics...even if they are from the web, they have to be pics of what your car was like :)...actual pics is always a good thing, but any pic will do.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 03:23:24 AM »
Great cars guys, I have got to do some work to gather the pics of my list.

Ditto.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
Okay... so here is mine.  All my cars have always been manual.

16years old...

1977 Ford F-150 - Dark green with black skirts- short cab - short bed.  I redid the interior and put a geek bar and lights on it.  When I was done, it only ran on 6 of 8 cylinders.  A guy bought it from me and restored it... One day I hope to be able to find one and restore one... Loved this truck.  This isn't the best picture, but best i could find.  This is a long bed and mine was much darker.

17/18years old...

I get a brand new 1997 Acura Integra GS-R.  Dark green again, tan leather interior.  Here is what mine looked like except I have 5 spoke (straight spokes) wheels, and were brushed aluminum in color, not polished.

19years old... bad accident (100+ in a monsoon... integra gets totaled)

With the money from insurance I get a brand new 2000 Ford Ranger, extended cap, white long bed... but I don't have enough to get 4wd.  So it was a 6 cylinder RWD... handled pretty good, was pretty quick because of the lack of weight.  Great for bicyles.

22 years old... Have enough money, get a dream car of mine.

2003 VW GTI 1.8T.  Silverstone Gray, black leather interior, heated seats.... dumped a shit load of money into this car.  For anyone who doesn't know of my car, go here to see the how crazy I went.  Generally I made a 25th anniversary GTI mixed with the 20th AE.. but better.   At one point I even had black leather, heated, Recaros (OEM).  I took a loss on them when I sold them for $1800. 

This same year I get into Miata racing.  I bought a Miata to turn into a racecar.

1993 Mazda Miata.  Red.  Slow but fast.

24 years old.   Still have the GTI, but need a winter vehicle. 

1985 VW GTI, 8v something red but looks orange to me... has shine suspension system on it and get a friend to help me turbo it.. great car.  Had electric problems... so I didn't keep it for long... I miss this car though.  Used to jump it a lot going down 8th Ave crossing Broadway in the right hand lane... so it became known as El Furrer Lee.

25 years old.  Still have the 2003 GTI, but need a new winter vehicle.

1986? VW Quantum Syncro... what a sweet car.  I think Jay was there for my unveiling of my new ride at Buffalo Wild Wings... I had everyone believing I had got something like a RS4 or something.   It was so funny.

26 years old... Tired of the money pit I created... I get a more sensible car I have always loved.

2006 Nissan Xterra (brand new again).  Offroad edition, Granite color, rollover airbags, nice stereo... I start driving the speed limit... this was a good decision.

27 years old... 8 months after buying my Xterra... JR and I are 4wheeling and BOOM, the stupid rollover airbags go off for no apparent reason.  3 months later I hassle and haggle with Nissan enough (threaten to sue) and eventually they look after me and give me a good deal on a NEW Xterra... but no roll over airbags and sadly not the nice stereo.  Dealership screws up in my favor and I feel like I just passed go on this new Xterra.

2006 Nissan Xterra, Black this time.  Offroad, etc - NO roll over airbags  8).

Life's too short to be taken seriously

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »
Ill play..

#1 1995 Saturn SC2 gifted to me for my first car. Motor blew less than a year later.

#2 1987 Ford Tempo, looked just like this with crappy paint

#3 1987 Jeep Wrangler (wish I never sold it)

#4 1999 Chevy S-10(wasnt ex package.. only pic I could find)

#5 2000 VW Golf 1.8T

#6 1963 CJ5 V6, 4speed and over drive. Sold to my dad, currently getting a frame off resto in his garage. This pic was taken before tare down.

#7 1977 VW Bug

#8 and #9 1998 KTM 400 SC and 1999 Chevy Blazer (dont have a seperate pic of the blazer)

9 vheicals in 6 years isnt too bad... right... :-\

No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:25 AM »
I forgot to add my motorcycles...so gonna do that now in my original posts.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »
9 vheicals in 6 years isnt too bad... right... :-\

not bad at all.  I have had 21 vehicles in 22 years.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 08:56:59 AM »
edited initial post for more story and included motorcycles.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 05:27:01 PM »
2001 Yamaha R1--used as a summer commuter as the Pathfinder got horrible mileage and I was just starting out.  It was fun going to work on this thing.

Whoa Jon! I never knew you were in to bikes, nice liter bike, did the 01's have fuel injection?.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »
well, lets give this a shot:
Gragravar's Car History:
Learned to drive on a ’67 international Scout (ours didn’t have the plow)

An ’82 Pontiac 6000LE (mine was brown)

’87 acura integra (mine looked just like this one)

then moved on to my first Audi an ’87 GT Coupe (mine looked just like this one)

wife’s Saturn SL1(ours looked a lot like this)

2000 Audi A4 Avant (mine was black like this but wasn’t debadged and had stock 15’s on it)

wife’s BMW 330i (from here on out, actual pictures of our vehicles)

my first motorcycle’84 K100RT

’69 Volvo P1800

current motorcycle ’99 R1100S

current car ’03 audi allroad

current offroader ’92 Range Rover County

current backup for the allroad – ’04 Land Rover Discovery II SE7

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
Whoa Jon! I never knew you were in to bikes, nice liter bike, did the 01's have fuel injection?.

honestly, I can't remember.

AudiB6turbo

• n00balicious
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »

1999 WJ Grand Cherokee, Limited, Quadra-Drive, 4.7 V8, 2" Lift, 2004 Wheels, this was my first car, previously my dad's

1999 Toyota 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, 7th Injector, 32" BFG's, fun and fast!

and ofcourse my current vehicle....2002 B6 A4 1.8tqm, APR Stage 1+, AWE Exhaust, Koni Coilovers suspension, RS4 Sway, 18x8 ASA's, blah blah other stuff i am forgetting

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 09:50:46 PM »
Went back and added the motor'd 2-wheel things.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
There's no way I could possibly put pics up for every car I've owned.  If you let me just list em, I will...
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
Sure Josh, knowing some of your "impulsive" history, I can give you an exception :)

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »
Well alrighty then!  Here's the list in chronological order, if one car replaced another, I'll say so.

'75 Mercury Monarch.  High school car given to me by my Grandma.  Fit 14 people!

'86 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo.  College car, bought used, thank god I bought an extended warranty!

'91 VW GTI 2l 16v  My first somewhat new car, bought it with 9k miles on it.  I bought it right before I graduated college.  Like most, it was a stripper version, just a sunroof and AC.  I didn't realize it didn't have cruise control until too late.  Doh.  Kept it 8 years (Can you believe it?) Put a Corrado G60 motor in it and it was featured in the Jan '97 issue of European Car magazine.  Should've kept it, put 150k miles on it.

'88 Mazda 323 GTX.  Bought this in dental school to flip it.  Owned it about 6 weeks, fixxed it up and made ~$600 on it.  Still had my Mk2 GTI.

'91 Audi 90 Quattro 20v sedan.  Again bought to flip during dental school, fixed it up, played with it a bit and sold it for a small profit.  Still had my Mk2 GTI.

'99.5 Mk4 GTI VR6  One of the first in the US, first brand new car I've ever bought.  Silver with cream leather.  Very luxurious in comparison to my Mk2 GTI.  Unfortunately it was a total lemon.  I was breaking motor mounts every 3 weeks and the car would go into limp mode with the drive by wire throttle.  Sold my Mk2 GTI for this, HUGE mistake!  Sold this car after 10 months after I got tired of fighting with VWoA and my warranty was about to expire.

'93 Corrado VR6  Bought this from an acquaintance.  Beautiful car, I eventually put an EIP turbo system on it.  Biggest pile of crap I've ever owned.  Very hard to work on, really expensive parts and it was constantly breaking.  The windows were possessed and would roll up and down by themselves.  Owned it about a year.

'97 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro  Sport package car, Audi Assured.  Put a K04 in it and suspension.  Good, solid car.  Had the normal A4 issues, but the dealer fixed them under warranty.  Sold it after almost 3 years when the warranty expired.  Should've kept it.

'01 Passat 1.8T GLS  Silver with black heated leather, tiptronic.  Wife's first car.  Kept it 7 years and 95k miles.  Thing was so damn reliable I kept looking for the Honda badge.

'95 BMW M3  Awesome freaking car!  Not the greatest in inclement weather, but other than that, WOW!  Easy to work on, cheap parts, great aftermarket support.  Bought it with a bumper to bumper warranty, which fixed about $4k worth of stuff on the car before the warranty co went belly up.  I supercharged this one, coil overs etc.  Sold after about 3 years when my wife got pregnant.  Wish I'd bought an M3 sedan and transferred all the goodies over and sold the coupe.

'90 Jeep Cherokee  The $hit kicker car.  Dog/Home Depot mobile.  Got it when I got married.  Still own it.

'88 323 GTX  Love these cars!  Found one in So Cal that was nicely modded and had very little rust.  Ran it for a bit and sold it for a profit.

'01 S4 Avant  Bought from a friend back in Boston.  Stage 2+, coilovers etc.  Good solid car, owned it about 2 years.  Sold it because my accountant F'ed up my projected tax load.  I probably could've kept it, but selling it made things easier tax wise.

'88 Porsche 944 turbo S  Bought it as a track car.  Did a MAF conversion, seats, rollbar, etc.  The greatest car I've ever had on the track.  Not so great on the street.  I kept this instead of my S4 avant because it was appreciating and I couldn't quite let go of my toy.  However, I was daily driving the Jeep Cherokee, ugh.  Sold this car for the STI, really regret selling it!!!

'01 Audi Allroad  Bought this to daily drive as I still had the 951, got a good deal on it, but bought during a short quarter to make taxes.  Freaked out a little and sold it after a few weeks.  Should've kept it as the maintenance history on it was great.

'93 Audi UrS4  Jim Fischers old car.  Bought from a guy in Sacramento.  Was enamored with it, so I ignored my better judgement and all the warning signs.  It used 1.5 gallons of water to get it back here.  Fixxed it and immediately sold it. 

'06 Subaru STI  Bought it because I wanted a car I could drive everyday and fit the whole family in.  Only the second brand new car I've ever bought.  Enamored with the performance of the car.  After having it awhile, grew sick of the chintzy, cheap interior and exterior.  Seats were hella uncomfortable.  Great track car stock though, rattled like you wouldn't believe with only 5k miles on it.

'01 S4 avant  Bought this one from another dentist in WY.  Cole drove me up there in a snow storm to get it Jan '07.  Was almost everything I wanted, I would've liked to have the sport interior.  Ran One Lap in it.  Good all around car, not the greatest track car, too heavy and too hard on brakes.  Stage 3, still have it.

'05 Audi A4 Avant  Bought this to replace my wife's Passat, which we sold on Craigslist in 1 day!  Silver with black heated leather, Bose, XM, winter package.  Audi Assured too.  So far I really like it, definately a keeper, at least until the warranty runs out at 100k miles.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 07:03:43 PM by Docwyte »
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »