Author Topic: Consumer Reports says...go indie or go home  (Read 2078 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Consumer Reports says...go indie or go home
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
Okay, so they don't say it exactly like that. Just read this story on 9news.com:

Independents get high marks for car repair

I found the article pretty much right on. It's not very in depth, I headed over to Consumer Reports and believe I found the article in question:

Owners prefer independents

We all know how well Randy and Todd have done by the community. This article is just more backing that places like APS, Avalon and 303 just to name a few really have made an impact in the longevity and reasonable maintenance of our cars.

That being said, they highlight the exceptions...Acura, Infinity and Lexus. Showing that dealers CAN achieve that customer satisfaction, but in most cases they just don't seem to care.

jfrahm

• Modded
Re: Consumer Reports says...go indie or go home
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
This jibes with my experience.  I do not have a lot of experience with indie shops, but the Audi and VW dealers I dealt with while under warranty were terrible.  I like to say that the Audi Service Department were the best Lexus sales team in the business.  The heck with new cars I say, get a good used car and an aftermarket warranty or a war chest for some repairs and go indie.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »
Right on. Click and Clack have always agreed as well. My own experience is that most techs at dealerships aren't qualified to cook food in a microwave much less fix cars. And forget about diagnostic expertise. All these idiots can do it what a screen tells them, which is usually just to swap parts. In many cases, vehicles seem to go out in worse shape than they came in!

silentrun

• n00balicious
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »
dont even get me started about mcdonald audi....

DONT GET ME STARTED!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:20:59 AM »
I have had better experiences with Independent shops, but I will say that I have not had a bad experience with Prestige in Lakewood (but very far from me...).  I didn't like the service at Stammler though..

Jonathan

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 03:25:48 AM »
dont even get me started about mcdonald audi....

DONT GET ME STARTED!!!! >:( >:( >:(

No doubt, one of the worst. Many people here including myself have had bad experiences with them. How can they stay in business??

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »
No doubt, one of the worst. Many people here including myself have had bad experiences with them. How can they stay in business??

I know, every time I see a new VW/Audi on the road, I feel an inner urge to run up to them, tell them congrats on the new purchase, but that it's also my civic duty to tell them to stay away from the dealer for service.  Or else that nice little bundle of joy is going to turn into a nightmare real quick! 
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08