Author Topic: audi's need a lot of maintnance.  (Read 3662 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
audi's need a lot of maintnance.
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
So i have had my 2004 A4 for a while not and just turned 65k miles last month. So this last service required: Brake booster (leaking seal), radiator (plastic seperated from the metal), timing belt w/ water pump and all the related good stuff and an oil change.  Also needed another alignment because of all the potholes. I still need to do the clutch/flywheel, upgraded turbo inlet pipe (mine keeps compressing) and get another set of tires for the new summer wheels.

it's just never ending

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: audi's need a lot of maintnance.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
 ::)

I have a looming TB job. Not sure when though. I just turned 64. The stinkin' manual says I don't need one until like 110K or something obscene. I'll probably do it at 70K. I've replaced the pads once, tires once and my A/C compressor blew up. Other than that the cars been peachy.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »
buy a subaru ;)  Less service costs, hehe.

anyway, once you get all that stuff done, just imagine how good the car will feel!!!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »
buy a subaru ;)  Less service costs, hehe.

anyway, once you get all that stuff done, just imagine how good the car will feel!!!

My wife just drove one of the new impreza hatch back and really liked it. once she finds a new job she can get a new car. she can't really drive the old car that well anymore.  :(

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »
I wont even begin to recount the amount of maintenance the allroad has been through in its 95K miles.    :'(
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »
My wife just drove one of the new impreza hatch back and really liked it. once she finds a new job she can get a new car. she can't really drive the old car that well anymore.  :(

Both Betsy and I love our Impreza.  Simple, no frills, but reliable, economical, and safe.  Does really well in the snow as well.  For the money, I think they are the best new car option out there with all wheel drive, hands down.

Sorry about her not having luck driving her current car these days, I am guessing she is going with an automatic with the next car.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:17:45 AM »
I am guessing she is going with an automatic with the next car.

yep. you got it. she has really liked some of the A3's and allroads. But it is just too much $$ right now.

Luckily my A4 doesn't cost as much as andrews allroad to maintain..  ;)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:21:17 AM »

::)  not helping

;D
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
that's pretty much the only complaint about owning an Audi. I've got a timing belt, exhaust, and  tires coming on top of the clutch and some oil switches I had done just a few months ago...
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 12:51:23 AM »

which is why I drive a $17K base model subaru :).  One day that will change with a new toy/daily driver.  The repair costs of my allroad frightened me right out of ownership.  Loved the car, but realistically, with my limited income, I had other things I wanted to spend money on, like our house, etc.  It was the right decision for us at the time.  I hope to get back onto a VAG car in the future though, maybe in the next 2 years.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:31:29 AM »
Pure driving enjoyment doesn't come cheap unfortunately. Without a doubt, you want something problem free and low maintenance, go with one of the big Japanese car manufacturers. You want some exhilaration, an ear to ear grin,  something that handles well out of the box, go German.

I got worked over on expenses right before Christmas last year. Hurt pretty bad, but my car is happy as am I.

Of course I am still feeling the repercussions of my broken springs. Next up. I need new Summer tires as one of mine is ruined from the busted spring and alignment issues.

Not an expense I should be needing this year as the other 3 tires have a ton of life left.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »

Not an expense I should be needing this year as the other 3 tires have a ton of life left.

You're in teh same boat I was. I was NOT happy to say the least about having to get another set. 1 tire was bad, the rest would have made it through the summer easy. In any case, I'm thankful (save for the ignored A/C comp) I've only had to do regular maint, which to this point is a couple oil changes and tires and coilpacks. Nothing I would probably do to any other car.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 01:12:20 PM »
Tell me about it!  There seems to be some sort of euphoric-addictive-attraction to their product.  As unpractical as these cars (can) seem to be, I just can't stay away from the money-pit that my A4 has proven to be (time and time again).

....I love to hate these cars :-\ :D  

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08