Author Topic: Sigh, some people  (Read 1073 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Sigh, some people
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »
This is from a real craiglist post, I copied it in case it gets deleted:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1001964966.html

I fried the brake circuit on my 2001 Saturn LS and am looking for someone to fix it, don't want to pay shop prices. If you are interested please reply to this posting or call 719.221.0485, see below for detailed description as to what's wrong with it...

There has always been a problem with my brake lights, something shorts or grounds out and it would occasionally blow the fuse under the hood. Normally I would just change the fuse and it would be fine. Well this started happening again but everytime I would put a new fuse (15A) in it would blow immediately when you hit the brakes. I started putting a 20 amp fuse in and that seemed to work, or so I thought. A couple weeks later it happened again while I was at Quiznos. I went through 5 or 6 20 amp fuses and it blew each one whenever I hit the brakes just like it did with the 15 amp before. I couldn't leave my care there, really didn't want to get towed, so against my better judgement I put a 25 amp in and it worked, I was able to get the car home but (as I'm sure you've guessed) It completely fried the circuit, smoke was coming out of my dash and everything! Since then I've had to manually pull the switch in the on the drive shaft everytime I want to get it out of park and I have absolutely NO brake lights! So that's my story, can you help?

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Re: Sigh, some people
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »
So can you help me fix my car then?
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Sigh, some people
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »