Author Topic: Audi Window Tint done at TinTeks  (Read 1725 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Audi Window Tint done at TinTeks
« on: December 09, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »
Recently I had an issue with the State of Colorado which required me to make some changes to my vehicle. I needed to remove my window tint to comply and well, I didn't want to be tint-less.

My first thought was to call Dan over at TinTeks and get his input and a quote. Like anything else I made a few other calls as well to the other well known shops. I have seen Dan's work first hand in the past and have dealt with him in other regards (bought the old Jetta coupe from him). :)

Anyway, Dan was really helpful and accommodating with my schedule. I was able to bring the car in and let him pull the tint. Then I was able to show proof to the state and then returned the vehicle to Dan to have the windows redone. I had them done at 30% so I could stay nice and legal and not have to worry about it.

Along with his flexibility his attention to detail is amazing. He really went the extra mile to ensure a good fit for the tint and to have a real "factory" look.

There are plenty of reputable shops to choose from, and there are plenty of folks who have been doing this for years, but finding someone like Dan who not only has the experience but is so detail oriented only ads value to the job.

His prices are very competitive, so if you are looking to have tint done or re-done give him a call or send him an email.

http://www.tinteks.com
303.840.TINT (8468)

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
Re: Audi Window Tint done at TinTeks
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 12:55:31 AM »
Huge thumbsup for Dan. He's done good work for me and people I've recommended to him and is always flexible!
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 12:55:31 AM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:48:38 AM »
Dan's the man!
He did the tinting and full bumper clear bra on my car and I'm satisfied.
My front bumper has a lot complex ridges and sharp folds and Dan managed to do a custom bra (not a precut kit) with as few seams as possible (the bra material is wrapped around the panel edges so you could barely see the bra material).
I went with a 30% tint.  I originally wanted to go 20% but I didn't want to risk getting a fix it ticket from the cops.
I'm still happy, though 20% would look nicer.

Last time I was there his buddy was there with a really sharp looking white 2009 GTI.  He works for Emich VW and he had limo all around and even his entire windshield was tinted (a little lighter than the other windows).  It looked really awesome with the white paint, but I would be totally paranoid to drive it around town.

2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »
That's great Alan! I got a ticket which is why I went through all this. Yesterday at work someone was telling me that in Boulder they are actually "cracking down" on window tint.

The ticket I got required me to make an appearance in court, I couldn't just pay a fine. My only options were to comply or not comply and then show up to court. I went to court yesterday, showed them the signed document and they dismissed my ticket. Which was a 2pt ticket at that. I guess the only benefit is that with a dismissed ticket nothing is recorded and I didn't have to pay any court fees or even the $5 fine I would have had to pay. Still, having to have the windows redone is costly.

I guess there was a couple other benefits, the old tint was showing signs of failure and well, I got to do business with Dan.

Mcstiff

• Stock
    • Work
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 03:55:36 AM »
Dan did the tint on my coupe a few years back. Still looks great!

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, but thinking what nobody has thought."

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »
I need to have a couple windows done on the FJ60, so I will have to hit him up for that.  Of course, I have to get the carb rebuilt first... :P
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
2 point ticket for window tint?!!!
You didn't even get to enjoy speeding.

I remember reading an article in the Denver Post about the Boulder police cracking down.
I'd wish the police cracked down on people running red lights.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50