Author Topic: My tire just rolled right off my rim!  (Read 1582 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
My tire just rolled right off my rim!
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
Ummm...say what?!

I'm driving home from and just doing my thing. I slow down to pull in to the drive and I'm like, "why is the car driving odd? IT's viciously pulling to one side?" I pull into the garage and I'm like, *sniff sniff* and see this!

'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: My tire just rolled right off my rim!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:01 PM »
had to be flat and you did not notice.  How badly damaged is the tire?  Bet you will have to replace it/them :(

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:01 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:07:04 AM »
yeah, that tire must have been flat.  Sorry to hear about that JR.  at least you got home safe.  :)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

KWilson

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
That reminds me of my friend's brother in high school.  He took a corner too hard in his Toyota Tercell, and the tire came off the rim just like that.  No damage except scuffing up his wheel a bit.

I just had to replace two tires on my wife's Honda Odyssey.  She ran over something, and her sidewall split all the way from the wheel to about a half inch into the tread.  Both myself and the guy from Discount Tire had never seen anything like that before.

I wish tires weren't so expensive to replace.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
sucks JR.  Hope there is no damage to the rim or car.  Even if your tire seems like it is okay, I would still replace it for piece of mind to help ensure it won't happen again.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Well, I might just put the car on blocks and get the rims powdercoated. They need some love...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »
Doh!  That sure stinks.  I haven't seen anything like that since Zev had his wheel fall off while driving!!! 

How's the wheel, man?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »
The wheel's fine. I got some Vredestein Win Trac Extremes put on. They're amazing. A W rated snow tire. I'll probably rock them year round. Super sticky on the tarmac. They should be for the price :P I Just lost one due to something on the road yesterday on the way to Bridger for a day of riding. Not too happy about that.

While the tires were getting swapped out, I filed off the curbage. I just need to get them powdercoated this spring.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner