Author Topic: I can help....  (Read 6247 times)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« on: March 13, 2004, 03:50:30 PM »
Im a CSR for a company called Wireless Retail so if any of you have questions about your AT&T Sprint T-Mobile or Verizon services or phones please pm me. I can answer questions rangeing from how to set up your voicemail to helping resolve billing errors.

Cheers Greg  :)
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
I can help....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 04:45:30 PM »
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the offer.  I've got a Nokia 3650 from T-Mobile and I'm trying to get it unlocked before I go to Europe this summer.  I'm not sure if I'll bother buying a local sim card while I'm there, but I want my phone unlocked in case I decide to.

I got an unlock code from T-mobile cust. serv., but it didn't work.  Subsequent calls to them haved proved fruitless.  I've heard it's also possible to unlock my phone by wire as opposed to entering an unlock code.  If you can help me figure this out in any way, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, and welcome to RMCB5!
Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Rocky Mountain Club B5

I can help....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 04:45:30 PM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 01:30:20 AM »
That is definately something that I can help you with. If the unlock code that T-Mobile customer care gave you dident work and they are not willing to help you any more this is what you want to look at doing.
Its going to cost about $16 and here is the link...
http://www.unlockyourgsm.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=47
You will have to register with the site it takes about 5 min. After that its fairly simple.
BUT before you order that service try this, if you still have the unlock code that T-Mobile provided you get your phone and hit the end key 2 or 3 times to assure that the phone is at the main screen,  than turn the phone over and pull the battery off and take the sim card out of its slot. By doing this you have a soft reset on the phone this can sometimes help. Than try the code agen and if it still dosent work than try the link above.
If for what ever reason you want to look at another soultion just post and we can go from their.

Cheers Greg

Hope this helps

Fugazi

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
I can help....
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 05:26:01 AM »
I want to get a new cell here for work and I HATE VERIZON...no, there's no bitterness it's just that my rear hurts, if you know what I mean.
Help?
Thanks, and welcome to the club!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 06:14:05 AM »
I will give you the best advice that I can but im at a little bit of a disadvantage because I dont know what works where up in denver.

Here is the bottem line you have 3 other major choices beside Verizon, they are Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. Now on all of these services you have at least a 14 day trial period, witch means that your not bound by contrat untill after that 14 days is up. Take advantage of the trial period. If you get a new phone make sure that its going to work where you need it too IE home work and  so on. Now depending on where you decide to purchace the phone from you may have some extra restrictions with in these 14 days, such as some places wont take the phone back unless their is 30 min or less on the call timers, make sure that you are aware of all of the conditions before you sign.

Also talk to your coworkers, freinds and the people in your naborhood they can be very usefull, see what they use and how they like it, this can save you alot of time.
Be very weary of the sales people at the cell phone shops, some of them can be very shady, some of them will say just about any thing to get you to buy a phone on the spot.  Just rember they need you more than you need them. If what they are saying dosent seem right for one reason or another dont waste your time just walk away. Their are lots of cell phone shops.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions just post.

Cheers Greg

Fugazi

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 03:22:48 PM »
Hey Greg, I have a Qualcomm phone (sprint) and want to buy a handsfree headset for leess than $30, but everywhere I go they start at $30!

Any place you can recommend?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
I can help....
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 04:17:39 PM »
I think I'm going to go with AT&T...they seem to have the best deal for me and none of my buddies/coworkers have any problems with it.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 05:36:04 PM »
At&t is not a bad service to go for JR...

But here  are a few AT&T Do's and Donts

1. Get the GSM service. I know that it looks like it has less coverage at this point but with the recent Cingular take over it will be less trouble for you in the long run.  The TDMA net work will be taken down with in 2 years anyway. PM me if i just went way over your head with that and I will give more clarification.

2. Stay away from Panasonic and  Semiens phones on AT&T in my time selling cell phones (1 1/2 yrs) we have had more problems with these certin brands.  Nokia makes a good phone for AT&T as well as Motorola, but these are just my persional experences if you have your heart set on a certin phone grab it.

Also if you would like to research or do side by side's on AT&T phones here is a great link...  http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/carrier.php?c=3 :D

Fugazi

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 05:45:38 PM »
Winston, qualcomm hasent made a phone for sprint in a while but I think I saw your phone at the drive, if im right its a sanyo 6400. Qualcomm quit makeing their own phones and just started selling the hardware to just about every other cell phone manufacture.
www.cellphoneshop.net
But here is a site that you need to bookmark, you will never buy cellphone accessories in town ever agen, and the bottem link is the page that includes head sets for your particular model of phone.
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/haforsasc10.html

They start at about $3 and i think the highest was about $12 shipping is reasonable about $5. I have used this site meny meny times so buy with confidence.

P.S. Hey post whores have some usefull information in their heads too :P

Fugazi

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
I can help....
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 05:59:30 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
I think I'm going to go with AT&T...they seem to have the best deal for me and none of my buddies/coworkers have any problems with it.

JR, when I was shopping for a cell phone last summer, I found this site quite useful: http://www.howardchui.com/.  The forums on that site can be a good source of info too.  But like clubb5, they can be a pain to search thru at times.

I ended up buying my phone from amazon.com because they had such great deals and I was switching service anyway.  Definitely give amazon a look before you buy.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 06:59:18 PM »
Greg, I have T-Mobile, have had it off and on for about 3 years now...actualy only off for about 5 months at one time.  Do we get loyalty points towards a new phone?  I want to upgrade, but not sure I want to pay a fortune for it.

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 08:08:33 PM »
Jon, the first thing that I would need to know is why was your service off for that 5 months, that may effect your end result.

But nine times out of ten the following procedure will work flawlessly.
The first thing that you need to do is stop by an AT&T store or call (866) 626-9620 that is the number for AT&T customer care, and tell them that your a current T-Mobile customer and you were worndering what their current specials are,
This is an important step because you need an actual quote from AT&T write down exactly what phones they were going to give you at what price and on what plan.
Second thing that your going to do is call T-Mobile and tell them that your not really happy right now and AT&T offerd you this, this and this if you swiched to AT&T. The T-Mobile rep that your going to talk to is going to try and perswade you to stay with T-Mobile its his job, the first offer that he is going to give you probly isant going to be that great.  Just say something like well thats all right but AT&T was going to give me this phone for cheeper...
The T-Mobile rep will then give you a better offer, FYI you are probly going to have to sign another contract to get a new phone but if you are satisfied with your service it shouldent really matter.
If you sign into a new contract you shouledent have to pay anything for a new phone. Since you have been a customer for that long.
If you want to see what a certin phone looks like and its included features go to www.phonescoop.com and type the model number into the "jump to a phone" box  or you can call me on my personal line and I can tell you what ever you want to know about a spsfic phone, just pm me and ill send you my number.

Hope this helps you. :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 08:24:41 PM »
Greg, thanks for the info....I ended service due to a divorce, under appropriate contract time.  I just went without cellular service for a while until everything was final with the divorce, we had a family plan together, and I wanted to end it...no penalties, etc....We had already gone past our contract time and I just turned off service.  Then I was ready about 6 months ago to get new service, and just went back with T-mobile, but have a new contract for 1 year and a new phone number, they said they could not give me back my old phone number.  That was not a big deal.  I got a freebee Nokia Gold thing, it works OK, but I want some other features and have thought about an upgrade to a nicer phone.

Thanks again
cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 03:06:20 AM »
That kinda changes things a little the previous plan of attack was to be used if you were out of contract... If your in contract its a little more dificult and I will have to formulate a new plan of attack, because im not really sure the best way to go about it at this point.

Probly the quickest and easyist way is for you to pick out a phone and for me to see what kind of a discount i can get you on it, most likely T-Mobile customer care wont do much for you if your mid contract.

Just let me know what your looking for in a phone and I can probly recomend one or if you find one let me know and ill see what i can do on the price for you. How does that sound?

Hope this helps your updated situation. :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 03:12:54 AM »
What about the Sony Erickson T637?  or something along those lines.  I am not a fan of flip phones, but would like similar features to that phone.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 06:46:25 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
What about the Sony Erickson T637?  or something along those lines.  I am not a fan of flip phones, but would like similar features to that phone.

Ahh the infamous T637 that looks like it will be a very nice phone, but planed availability is set for second quarter of ths year... But in all honisty AT&T will pick up this phone before T-Mobile. T-Mobile and Sony Ericsson havent had a very strong bond in the past, I wouldent hold my breath on seeing it on T-Mobile in the next year. Witch is a bummer.

Let me do a little bit of diging and see what if I can find you something close to that... It might take me a sec. :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 06:47:38 AM »
Coo man, coo.  Let me know what you find.  That is a great phone, did not realize it was not available yet.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 06:53:12 AM »
Dident take me as long as I thought it might... the closest thing to the T637 that is available right now is the T610 here is the link to the phone, it includes all of the specs...
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=274

Let me know what you think of this phone and we can go from their.
 :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 06:55:33 AM »
My buddy Mike R. has that exact phone, that is why i was looking at the new one, was not sure you can still get the one like his.  I totally dig his phone.  I have seen them before for between $25 and $100.  I know T-mobile has service with that phone, just wondering how to get it without having to pay an enormous amount for it...if you know what i mean

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 06:59:55 AM »
To get one for less than a fortune you have to know somebody... like me  8)  let me make sure that I can get a hold of one, your out of pocket would be like $50. I think that's what it cost me the last go round.

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 07:00:30 AM »
I would go for that...let me know

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 07:06:44 AM »
For what ever reason my online invintory tool is down, probly for update they generaly do that stuff in the midle of the night but I can have conf. some time tomarow.

I will post as soon as I sort it out.

P.S. That link www.phonescoop.com is an exelent resource for any thing cell phones. As soon as a company releses a new phone it posts to that site.

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 07:09:23 AM »
I'm a patient man...tomorrow I will be sleeping between shifts, but let me know what you find, no rush, but if something good comes up, maybe we can work something out for next week...since I get to play all week, I can arrange a pick or delivery with you.

thanks for your help
cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2004, 06:02:25 AM »
Hey Jon, I had to move a couple things around so its looking like mid to end of next week. Phone needs to be shiped from a warehouse in the middle of no where kentucky (SP?) but its in the works ill keep you posted.
  :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2004, 06:05:10 AM »
Rock on Greg...no rush...just let me know 8)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 04:53:47 AM »
Hey Jon,

I got the T-610 in on the last UPS drop of the day (7pm), the phone that they shipped me was not new it has a small scuff on the back case but I have tested the phone with my sim card and all of the features work just fine.  My warehouse guy droped me a note in the box saying that that was the last one that he had available... untill sometime in late may, so their is no charge to me witch equals no charge to you as long as you dont mind the small scuff on the back case but like I said the phone works just fine, I fiddled with it for about 20 min this after noon to make sure.

If it will work let me know and ill bring the phone to dinner tomarow. :D

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 05:06:25 AM »
Bring it, I am all over it, I will treat you to dinner if you do, since I can't buy you a beer yet.  See ya tomorrow night!!!  Does it have instructions?

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2004, 05:21:46 AM »
Sounds like a good deal to me  :D  it includes every thing that came in the box from the factory
1 phone
1 battery
1 battery door
1 cleaning cloth
1 hands free headset
1 home charger
And all of the manuals and the welcome cd.

Just glad that I could help :wink:

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
I can help....
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 05:28:04 AM »
That is too cool...thanks for everything...Bring business cards with you as well. There may be other people out there that might be interested in new phones or things like that, maybe you can help them and drum up a little business for yourself.

See ya tomorrow, I'm actually going to bed now :wink:

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
I can help....
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2004, 06:08:07 PM »
Hope every thing is still in order for tonite. I put a full charge on the phone battery for you Jon, so you can pop your sim in and go. :D

Also what is the best exit to take off of north bound I-25 to get to the bar, I have a map quest map but it dosent show interstate exits... stupid map quest.

See you tonite.

Fugazi