Author Topic: You know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 6088 times)

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
You know what really grinds my gears?
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »
"For everything not related to our cars including, but not limited to JRs random thoughts"...this is definitely a random thought-

I love it when I search for something, find a particular series of posts that either A.) relate to a particular problem I'd like to research, or B.) is just plain interesting, and wouldn't you know it- it just stops :o.  Not a "this is what happened" or "you need to do this" or "yea, that worked out and here's the conclusion to this post"...but yea, it just frickin' stops...whatta waste  :( ???   
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »
are you talking about us?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 12:22:26 AM »
haha, probably. Lots of those types of threads here and on pretyt much every forum.

Typically, people post up when they have a problem, diagnose it, then that is the end of it. Most have good intentions of following up, but don't for one reason or another.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »
yeah, and we are lazy, well, I am lazy.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 04:35:14 AM »
"Somebody got distracted doing repeater."

That will happen..
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:29:21 PM »
Lol, nobody in particular...except for maybe you Jon, because we're BOTH the lazy type ;)

2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
     25% tint // 18" clear bra // Lamin-x: headlights, taillights, fogs // Cobb SRI // Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose // Cp-e rear engine mount // TWM short shifter // Synapse BPV // Aeroforce Interceptor // 6k HID's

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »
haha, yeah, I am lazy, so lazy in fact that my garage is a wreck, I have not detailed any of our cars this spring yet, and I have two ABS pulse generator/speed sensors to replace on the MINI, but the have been sitting for months.  I need to fix those so I can get the ABS light and TPMS light off the dash.

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
...pulse generator??....speed sensor?.....TPMS?...WTF? "Dammit Jim (Jon), I'm not a doctor!"  ha-ha, I'm sitting here trying to figure out where to get my CTS swapped out ???
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »
Yeah I hate it when people don't finish what they start. It reminds me of that time
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 02:13:02 PM »
In band camp...

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
This has turned into a rather funny thread-  You went to band camp too!?  ;)
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
no, but Charles did, right after he was at fat kid camp and computer geek camp. He played the Xylophone, and he was damn good.

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »
damn straight. I almost went to the xylo-lympics. But that was before... the accident.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »
ahhhh, yes *rubs chin all intelligent like*.  THE accident.  the one where you had the brain switch....Remember when you used to sing this song and play along on the xylophone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EARnV7vU4tg

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
I see that a lot.  I usually reply to the thread, expecting the poster still has notifications turned on.

BTW, I finally got my rear shock out.  Took a sawzall to do it too, the beyotch!

Dub
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »
Update your thread! :)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »
Update your thread! :)

LOL....

we are the suck at finishing what we started.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »
This is a funny thread.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:35:06 PM »
Who started all this anyway!? [hehe] Damn, I had something good to say, but I think 03Indigo trumped everyone with the two brains vid- 

Anyway, I thought I'd give an update...yea that's right, an update :D.  Not that it necessarily pertains to this thread, but it was somewhat of a side tangent anyway, so F-it, here it goes.  My coolant temp needle was bouncing around like it was on a jungle jim, so yup, just got yet another CTS put in.  Gee, and to think I only put one in eight months ago ???  Champagne treated me decently on this one.  Although I'm pretty sure it would've been higher if I didn't put in my two cents (as usual). Apparently they won't even put in an aftermarket "green" sensor at all; "has to be OEM"- too many problems. 

So far my general impression of that place is this: Not sure how knowledgeable the people (actually working on the cars) are [but that is just an impression and an unfair assumption], don't like the crappy "dealership" aspect/effect that is given off (and yea, I've seen the cars for sale, and I'd say they're pretty crappy), the lot is about 5 times too small (maybe if they'd clear all those 'for sale' cars out of there, they'd have some room :-\, a bit high on pricing (but not outlandishly high), and lastly, I don't like the way the cars are ramroded around (if you're going to drive them hard, at least wait until a "customer" isn't standing right there).  ["I wonder how they're driving my car???"] 

In regards to the cars for sale; the cars themselves aren't necessarily bad per say.  They've got some Allroads, a few B5 S4's, some B5 A4's, one B6 S4, a B5 S8, etc. etc.  Some of them have aftermarket exhausts, suspension, tires/rims, etc...and they're apparently into performance tuning as well.  However, when looking at them closely, it's just like the dealership.  Meaning, they'll acquire a used car, pay nothing for the car, won't do a damn thing (regardless if they know something needs some attention; if they don't plan on certifying it that is...and they're not the type of place to certify).  Here's my opinion, if your going to lowball someone on a trade in (or anyone else) and you have all the tools/facility/etc. at your disposal to get the car back into good shape, why the heck don't you do it!? (I know the answer, I'm just saying...).  Then to add to it, they sell it for more than it's "worth", assuming that the customer believes they gave the car any needed attention before the sale. 

Okay so after that rant the cars themselves aren't bad, but upon a close look, all the regular items look like hell.  Minor body damage, okaeey tires, totally worn suspensions, rusty brake calipers, etc.  All easily replaceable-  Damn, just fix the crap that goes wrong at that mileage, then sell it for a profitable/relevant price.  Why not have a customer purchase a sweet car that lasts awhile, instead of relying on them to come back and have their car continually serviced...nickle and diming your way to profitablility.  Don't just stick a potentially "good" car out there and turn a blind eye.  Perhaps I'm a bit biased from my particular experiences, not to mention the fact that I'm not a car dealer :-\.  Please keep in mind here people, I'm never opposed to anyone taking advantage of capitalism and making a profit/living, but I am opposed to someone selling a crap product-

*Disclaimer* These are just my opinions, so don't come back and say I'm a dick.  Bottom line, I'm happy with the service I received and would go back.  I'm just trying to give my own initial impressions for anyone that may have been in my boat (non-DYI'er), and looking for a shop in a time of need.
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:28:14 AM »
wow, you lost me after the first paragraph ;).

you are saying nothing new about them....we have all known that, but I think we forgot to write it all down...maybe someone started a thread about it way back, I can't rememb.............

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
er.....not sure whats going on......nurse...some help over here....
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 12:49:42 AM »
I think he is upset at his repair costs to date on the Audi...and he is venting....we all need a place to vent, since we have almost all been down the audi repair expense path. :D

KWilson

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »
Uh...

I wouldn't go back there after writing that. :)

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:40 AM »
vent=good........but bacon.....
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
wow, you lost me after the first paragraph ;).

I can't rememb.............

Lol, yup I think I lost myself after the first paragraph :).  I do tend to write a lot-

er.....not sure whats going on......nurse...some help over here....

I get the sarcasm ;).   However, I was just trying to give an accurate reflection of Champagne Motors.  This site IS supposed to be a resource to others, right??  You can only hear "go to APS" so much without disregarding it as giving Randy a virtual 'hummer' (not that he doesn't enjoy that sort of thing :D)...APS isn't always a realistic option, so....

he is upset at his repair costs to date on the Audi...and he is venting

Ahh yes, you are wise beyond your years...
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
Hey Kingtut, go suck some.  :P

People have tried to be helpful but now you're just being rude.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, 1.8t.org (before it's untimely demise) had plenty of bad things to say about Champagne. Nor is its BBB report without issue. You made your bed, now sleep in it. I don't think you'll find many people that have bad things to say about APS, even the ones that don't know Randy personally.

Kingtut

• Lightly Modded
  • keep the Change
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
Hey Kingtut, go suck some.  :P

People have tried to be helpful but now you're just being rude.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, 1.8t.org (before it's untimely demise) had plenty of bad things to say about Champagne. Nor is its BBB report without issue. You made your bed, now sleep in it. I don't think you'll find many people that have bad things to say about APS, even the ones that don't know Randy personally.

What in the world are you talking about man??  How old are you, like two?  First you get into it with Evil-O, then you "judge" me!?  ...are you looking for fights or what?  I don't even know you dude-  Chill out, I've never once said this was anyone's problem but my own; so please show me where I said it was. 

Regarding Randy, I've NEVER said anything bad about him or APS...again, what are you talking about?  I've never had better service/prices from anyone in my experience.  This whole thread began because I was unable to get into APS (due to their busy schedule and move), so I was forced to go elsewhere as I'm not able to do the repairs myself. 

I've merely posted my experiences as to express my learning curve, porblems I've encountered, and lastly, MY OWN review of Champagne!  "GO suck some??"- who says that?  ...talk about being rude!  People have been very helpful on this site and I appreciate everyone who has made a CONSTRUCTIVE comment!   

I've never heard of 1.8t.org and I'm not some forum whore, quoting sites that no longer exist, as apparently you are.  If Champagne is not a well liked shop, then what do you have to disagree with me about? ...making accusations towards my threads as though I'm calling people out.  If I had known about some random site who ripped on Champagne for the same "concerns" I had with them, I would have never said anything.  OH WAIT, yea I would've because this isn't 1.8t.org you moron! 

Get your facts straight before you want to call someone out.  ...and be a little bit more respectful here, ya putz-
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3

2001 A4 1.8t- RIP 7/08

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
ok,ok...everyone needs to calm down.
Everyone has shops that they like and don't like, personal choice is a good thing.
nobody needs to get personal.
You have had some problems, but it sounds like you are working them out.It is very easy to make snap comments when you are not standing infront of said person.

Lets all go back to the start and take the comments made as the past.

Keep posting,because as you say.....APS is not always the only option.
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS