Discussion Forums > Maintenance

Well...the 1.8t isn't as good as I thought

(1/4) > >>

silentrun:
Ever notice that we never do research on potential problems for our cars until it becomes our problem? Well my problem came up for engine oil pressure in my 18T. Supposedly it's caused by not changing the oil on time or using low quality crap. But I've always gotten my oil changed by McDonald Audi every 5k mile; goes to show you once again not to go there. You may wanna check to be sure that you don't have a sludge problem if you have a 97-04 18T or a 98-04 Passat 18T. The warranty is 8 yrs unlimited miles for this, but for me it's still not good enough.

92UrS4:
Ugh....sorry to hear.

masterqi:

--- Quote from: silentrun on July 08, 2008, 06:10:29 PM ---I've always gotten my oil changed by McDonald Audi every 5k mile; goes to show you once again not to go there.
--- End quote ---

Tru dat!

jfrahm:
When I had a 1.8T the dealer was always trying to sell me dinosaur oil changes and not the prescribed synthetic (which was available but for more money.)  I always used synthetic.  What oil were you getting?  I thought it was weird that they wanted to sell me an oil change that did not meet warranty requirements, and this was well after the sludge issue was well-known.

-Joel.

Richard-EB:
I went to grease monkey once and they decided to put 5w20 in my car because they didnt have enough 5w30.  I refused payment and demanded a free oil change.  They didnt even ask me or inform me until it was time to pay. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version