Author Topic: You can have 500HP but what about MPG? :D  (Read 1047 times)

silentrun

• n00balicious
You can have 500HP but what about MPG? :D
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
So while my car was in the shop, I was driving around in my dad's Jeep Wrangler that's raised up and adds an extra 3 inches to my dick. On top of the penis enlargement effect, it gets maybe 10 miles to the gallon with some tailwind. I started actually driving wayyyyy below the speed limit on the highway (like around 45-50 on I25) and actually almost doubled my MPG. So now I'm experimenting with the A4 to see how much I can get out of a gallon going below the speed limit. From what the console tells me, I'm averaging around 35mpg, which is pretty damn good. I'm wondering if anyone else has done some kind of experiment like that to see what their MPG is?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: You can have 500HP but what about MPG? :D
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
The key is keeping the RPMs below 3K and by below, I don't mean 2950 ;)

The other thing, stay off boost. If you have a boost gauge you want to stay on vac or no higher than 0 if possible.

You will accelerate like a blue haired grandma, and piss people off. I gained about 4mpg doing that. Sure it took some fun out of driving.

This is of course me driving 65mph on the highway (speed limit) if I drove 55mph I could increase the MPGs a little more I'm sure.

Keep the A/C off too, though it is not that detrimental, but it still puts more load on the engine translating into reduced power and uaully more fuel burned from mashing on the pedal.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: You can have 500HP but what about MPG? :D
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »