Author Topic: Ever heard of...  (Read 1595 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Ever heard of...
« on: April 28, 2004, 10:41:54 PM »
Came across a guy today with a nicely lowered Jetta with 18" and too many mods to list.  We got to talk about things related to VW’s and I mentioned the suspension work that I am doing this weekend.  I asked if he knew of a place that could work with adjustable control arms and correcting the alignment.  He gave me a business flyer for "Alignment Masters”. He stated that they specialize in lowering and aligning lowered vehicles.  They are located on S. Broadway and Chenango.  Has anyone heard of them and if so what?
TIA
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Ever heard of...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:35:17 AM »
I used to go to them all the time , and never had a single problem from them. Went in for an alignment a while back and they said it was right on no alignment needed, and no charge to boot. IMO they are very trustworthy.
Look officer, I really do own it......

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Ever heard of...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:35:17 AM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Ever heard of...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 07:55:34 PM »
OK, I called up these guys and got a rough estimate.  Standard front-end alignment is $69.95.  Because I am throwing in the adjustable control arm factor that adds another $35.00 per side.  So, it comes to about $140.00 for everything.  I bit steep, but the places that I have asked for all give me weird looks and say they can try?!?.  Also this company said that they do free one-time alignment checks when wheels are changed out.  So every fall and spring, you can stop by and they will check alignment.

I am pondering the thought.  I am just nervous of some brain drain saying he can do it and the next thing I know I have a set of f'ed up control arms.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Ever heard of...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 08:25:31 PM »
I wouldn't consider $140 high for a job like that, as long as they know what they're doing.  I just paid $135 a couple weeks ago for an alignment and was very pleased.  I'm not sure of the place you're talking about on Broadway, but I think there's a place on Broadway (maybe same one) just south of Hampden that did Zev's car for the 2.7T Challenge.  They also do all of Champagne's race car work.  If you want to know who that is, call Zev or Larry and they'd be able to tell ya.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Chas

• Modded
Ever heard of...
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 02:37:34 AM »
I've always used Stan's Alignment out here in Aurora. They never even flinch at my car and the work I have done to it. They listen very close and do what you ask. And for short money too. They are a family own business in constaint operation since the early 40's!!  Nice folks too.

They're out in Aurora off of Colfax. A bit of a drive for you out in Littleton, but it's another option.  They do great work!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Ever heard of...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 03:14:19 PM »
So Dave, how are you liking the new control arms?  Have you noticed any differences (I'm assuming the creaks are gone).?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Scuba2001

• Modded
Ever heard of...
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 03:36:51 PM »
Please let us know how the alignment goes.  I am really anxious to hear how close they can align it with the new arms.  I know that Dave at CPP gets them pretty close to stock length, but he recommends still getting an alignment to make sure that they are properly installed and have the correct length.

Steve