Author Topic: Any scuba divers here?  (Read 2394 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Any scuba divers here?
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
I thought I would throw that question out.  Next month I am scheduled for classes to become open water certified.  Both my mom and step dad are certified and I am trying to get Carla and eventually Megan going. 

There are a number of diving spots in and around the Colorado region.  Hopefully we plan on going to the Keys to in the next year or so.

I am really jazzed about it.  I have already done the scuba try dive to feel the experience of breathing underwater.  It is so relaxing and really cool.

Cheers!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

jfrahm

• Modded
Re: Any scuba divers here?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »
Yup, it's great.  I did my certification dives at the Blue Hole in NM back in 1990 or so, other than that I have only dived in the Caribbean.  I have been thinking of taking a refresher or just getting more time in.  I used to have great buoyancy control and never used much air, but the last time I went diving I was disappointed by my performance.

I would like to try the drift diving in Cozumel and check out the blue holes in Belize.

A Cenote http://www.hiddenworlds.com.mx/cenotescuba.aspx dive would be cool too.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
Yup, my certification dives will be at the Blue Hole in NM.  I have read about the blue holes in Belize and have seen pictures.  It looks like fun.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:03:03 PM by SweetVW »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »
It is something I have wanted to do... never have.  I have done multiple hotel certifications... just never got the license. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
Hey Dave, that's great.  I know you'll love it.  I used to work at a dive shop in Atlanta, the most landlocked set of divers in the world!

I got my rescue diver certification while I was there working for a few year in college.  I almost finished my divemaster, but had to quit to concentrate on graduating from college.  I really haven't been since.  I dived about 200 times in 3 years, so I guess you could say I got my fill in.

You will really enjoy it.  In clear open water, it's a lot like flying.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »
*Update*

I went and did my instructed class and pool time this weekend and completed those.  I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.  Next, on the calendar is some more pool time for me to continue practicing on my own what I have learned to become more proficient.  The dive shop has scheduled time at ACC's pool, so an instructor is usually in the pool with someone.  I can go at my own pace and ask them anything from a question to showing them a specific action.  Then in November, Blue Hole, NM for my open water test.  ;D

Mcstiff

• Stock
    • Work
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 03:25:58 AM »
I have my open water and need to do a few classes to move up (I think I have the dives necessary). Its a lot of fun.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, but thinking what nobody has thought."

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
Congrats on the open water cert! 

Are you going for the advanced open water cert.?  Or just looking to improve your skills?

Mcstiff

• Stock
    • Work
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 02:39:41 AM »
I just think that if you have enough dives you may as well do the work to get higher certs. It is soo easy to do anyway. Going to do the nitrox cert before my next trip (yet to be planned).

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, but thinking what nobody has thought."