Author Topic: Smart Phones....  (Read 1840 times)

English

• Lightly Modded
Smart Phones....
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:32 PM »
....so i need a "smartphone"  :'(

I am looking for some advise / comments on the phones you guys are using.....
here goes......
I am with AT&T, i want to stay with them as they have very good coverage in the mountains.
All i really need to check is "hotmail" and open "Word" documents and "Excel" spreadsheets.
I have used a friends "iphone" and love the way it works, but it seems to get hung up on hotmail sometimes and does not like opening some .doc files written in Word....it's a year old phone and not the new 3G version.
I have been looking at the "Tilt" and wondered if anyone has one?
My fingers are too fat for a Blackberry!
.....as always, thanks in advance
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
Re: Smart Phones....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
I use the Blackjack II and love it. It runs off of Windows mobile 6 which will read word, excel and power point documents. You can access full internet and the interface is really customizable. The only problem is the keys are fairly close together but a little better than the crackberry.
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »
iPhone?

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
I like the iPhone... it has its problems, but every phone does. 
Life's too short to be taken seriously

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
I am going iPhone I am 90% sure at this point. T-Mobile will be offering the Android based G1 as it will be called I guess. The first "Google Phone." It looke to be a good iPhone competitor, but the pricing and features are not competitive enough in my opinion. Though T-Mobile's 3G network is supposed to be better than AT&T's. Which makes it hard to want to switch to At&T

I have some friends with the 2G iPhones that are plenty happy. Even using them on T-Mobile. Could be firmware version causing the hanging? I also believe there is a class action suit coming against Apple on the 3G's but I doubt it is slowing down their sales.

Smart phones are kind of nutty right now, some do half of what you want really well, so it's like you need two to get all the functionality you need. Which is where that G1 come into play and even the iPhone. I just believe there will be more/better apps for these products since there is a larger demand for them.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
I am using a first gen unlocked iPhone with tmobile, and I love it.  I don't need the 3G, so I am plenty happy with  my old school (one year old) iPhone :D

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:38 AM »
I like my BB Curve.

other phones I'd consider would be the Nokia N95, the iphone and if you dont mind spending some dough, the P9521:

http://www.porsche-design.com/live/upload/P9521_MuT_1_21748.jpg

http://www.porsche-design.com/live/P9521_property_material_1_en.PorscheDesign?ActiveID=61863
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein