Author Topic: Getting a new car care of VW-Help Pick the Next One  (Read 1630 times)

zadieman

• n00balicious
Getting a new car care of VW-Help Pick the Next One
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:35 PM »
To make the story short and stay within the legal issues. I am getting a new car via the Larry Miller Group. I have an 07 3.6 All-Motion with all the bells and whistles. I will be getting my car paid off and a NEW car to replace. I will owe no money, the haggle will be what new car do I get. The Larry Miller Group has Lexus, VW and others. I think the new car will be between the Lexus ISF and the New 09 VW Passat All-Road. My friend says 2.0T vs 3.6 I don't know. I had the 3.6 before, and I really like it. Opinions if they are paying what would you get???   :D
Casi Cielo
1979 Conv SB - 2007 B6 4 Motion

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Getting a new car care of VW-Help Pick the Next One
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
Well if you want to stay AWD with VW, then you can get 4-Motion with the Passat 3.6, Tiguan, Touareg and R32.

I understand some of the issues surrounding the 3.6 motor and I suspect you are not the first nor the last to go through this. Still, I think it is a great option.

The 2.0T is an awesome motor as well, so if they have Audi, it might be nice to look at an 09 A4, new platform and is a nice change from the B7.

Obviously an IS with AWD would be fun as well. I am a fan of the 250 AWD, and if it is being paid for by someone else would be on my list. If I had to pay for it, now way. they want an arm and a leg for those puppies.

I would just make a list of the cars YOU like from your options and go drive em. Figure out what suits you and your needs best and go with that.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »

zadieman

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 01:59:48 AM »
I am not aware of all the issues with the 3.6, but I sure like the HorsePower. If I took a new VW I would make sure that included is a 100K maintenance program. I guess I will have to drive the 3.6 vs the 2.0T. I love the VW's or else I would not have bought the first one. I really wish they would get Blue toothed though.
Casi Cielo

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
Yeah, the excuses about the bluetooth for the US are a joke. Every other manufacturer seems to be allowed to have it in the US just fine. why VW/Audi can't seem to get approval baffles me.

After driving the 3.6 you probably wont like the 2.0T as much I will tell you that. :)

zadieman

• n00balicious
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »
Finished my drive, I definately in the market for the 3.6. Does anyone know if they changed the 3.6 for 2009. I am used to the low end grunt of the bigger motors. I am not looking for the higher end. I am used to muscle cars and the off the line of the 3.6 is where I want to be.
Casi Cielo

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
I know VW was switching to a timing chain from a timing belt in the 2.0T's, not sure if the 3.6 was already there or is converting as well.