Author Topic: found a new parking spot for the old rover  (Read 2846 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
found a new parking spot for the old rover
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:18 PM »
at least for this weekend during the garage sale.  maybe it will bring some traffic to look at/buy it.

at the bottom of the driveway, on a rock:

the front end of rovers never have flexed very well, but this isnt too bad with only a 2" lift:

from across the street:

How long until someone complains to the HOA?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: found a new parking spot for the old rover
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »
LOL....If I had the cash, I would pick it up from you.  I think that is the perfect location for a rover to be displayed.  Although, from the last pic, looks like it is just sitting level like it would in the drive way ;)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »
You should put a sign right in front of it: "please keep of the grass"
Life's too short to be taken seriously

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:11:30 AM »
Ha!  I think for that vehicle, you should have a sign that say "Do not color outside the lines." with a red circle and line through it.

You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:26:52 PM »
That's funny.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:09 PM »
so, did it sell?  Or do you still have it?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:27:16 AM »
I still have it.  that said, it generated a lot of interest, and there is one guy that is gonna come back to take it on a drive later this week. 

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 01:38:33 AM »
awesome, how much are you asking for it these days?  It is still advertised?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 01:59:10 AM »
Its on a couple of the rover boards, but thats about it.  I think my craigs list ad for it expired.

still asking 4,990.  I could have sold it a long time ago if I were willing to take $2500 for it.  But I dont want to part it out and go down that road.  I want to find someone looking for a good trail truck and keep it together.   And, its good not to be in too big a hurry to sell it.  It has come in handy a couple of times.  and, if it hasnt sold will probably get some good use this winter too.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
It will sell, like a modified Audi that wont be parted it just takes time for the right buyer to come along. Recent highs on fuel costs don't help either, but price are coming down and as long as everything else stays good (hurricanes, terrorists, etc.) I think prices may be pretty stable until next Summer.

Also, as we start to get snow and those prices drop, people start worrying more about needing 4WD/AWD than fuel prices.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »
Its on a couple of the rover boards, but thats about it.  I think my craigs list ad for it expired.

still asking 4,990.  I could have sold it a long time ago if I were willing to take $2500 for it.  But I dont want to part it out and go down that road.  I want to find someone looking for a good trail truck and keep it together.   And, its good not to be in too big a hurry to sell it.  It has come in handy a couple of times.  and, if it hasnt sold will probably get some good use this winter too.

Shoot me some text and I can post it up here...things like that fly like hotcakes around here. Montanan's love their outfits.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »
cool, I'll send you some info on it later tonight.