Author Topic: Links for Yota 4x4 Parts?  (Read 2791 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Links for Yota 4x4 Parts?
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »
I have several already, but I'm running into deserted ground when it comes to 4th Gen 4Runner parts...specifically suspension upgrading.

Thanks!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Links for Yota 4x4 Parts?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »
can you post up your links?  I might need them for the Tacoma.

I have no idea on other links, as I have not researched them.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:51:29 PM »
also if you know what you want, and if 4wheelparts.com carries it, call Max at the Denver Store (I-70 and peoria) tell him I sent you, he should be able to hook you up.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »
I found what I'm looking for with these links. Hope it helps. Parts for an '07 4R aren't quite as available as they are for older models. Fortunately the 4th Gen 4R shares many of the same items as the new FJ :D

Shrockworks

All Pro Offroad Toy Specific
ARB 
ORW
Kartek
Baja Concepts
Camburg Engineering
Stubbs Welding
Wheeler's Off-Road Comprehensive listing of most core items.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:30:51 PM by jayryan »
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
Have you looked into Old Man Emo (sp?) parts?  I have heard wonders about their product.  I wish they made stuff for my Xterra.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »
Have you looked into Old Man Emo (sp?) parts?  I have heard wonders about their product.  I wish they made stuff for my Xterra.

old man EMU  like the bird.  I have their springs in my rover.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
Yes, there's lots of stuff under OME. However there are better options if you don't mind spending the same as you would for a decent suspension set up on your car. I haven't head anything bad, but there are better options for only slightly more $$.

The Fox CO setup is a grand 
The Walker Evans Racing CO setup both with fully adjustable and non-adjustable  compression dampening starts at $700.

FWIW: ARB used OME on their 4Runner build and it received great reviews.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:40:07 PM by jayryan »
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
JR, are you pimping again?  You can check some online forums like www.pirate4x4.com to see what their suggestions are.

How did the wedding go?  Sorry we couldn't make it.  Jen had her wisdom teeth out.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:47:43 PM »
FWIW: ARB used OME on their 4Runner build and it received great reviews.

ARB using OME is not a surprise.  IIRC, they are owned by the same company.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
JR, are you pimping again?  You can check some online forums like www.pirate4x4.com to see what their suggestions are.

How did the wedding go?  Sorry we couldn't make it.  Jen had her wisdom teeth out.

LOL...yeah pretty much. But only so far as is practical. Currently the Runner can't handle anything more in the frontend (like bumper/winch) much less four people and camping gear. The SR5 suspension is lacking...the V8 SR5 is even worse.

No worries about the wedding...it's a party through and through. Mark (Digan) and Greg (Harmon) were able to make it. If you're on FB...there are a TON of pictures up.

EDIT: I also added a link at the top to Wheeler's Off-Road in Grant's Pass, OR. They sell every major brand of suspension I'm considering for great pricing so it'll probably be where I'll be ordering from. Plus they're in my native land :P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:32:06 PM by jayryan »
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Mcstiff

• Stock
    • Work
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 03:27:26 AM »
Pirate has a 4runner forum.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, but thinking what nobody has thought."

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
Good news and congrats again!  There is a chance we may be heading up (Butte actually) there for Thanksgiving if Jen's aunt gets any sicker, so if we do, we'll let you know and we can grab lunch somewhere on the way.  We'd go right by Billings if we did.

If she gets better, we'll be heading back to Atlanta to see my 94 year old Grandma.  I talked to her today and she's full of motivation to make it to 105!  Go Grandma!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
Good news and congrats again!  There is a chance we may be heading up (Butte actually) there for Thanksgiving if Jen's aunt gets any sicker, so if we do, we'll let you know and we can grab lunch somewhere on the way.  We'd go right by Billings if we did.

If she gets better, we'll be heading back to Atlanta to see my 94 year old Grandma.  I talked to her today and she's full of motivation to make it to 105!  Go Grandma!

Well, I won't directly root for the worse-case scenario, but know you have lunch on us if you can make it through!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner