Author Topic: So this one time at band camp....  (Read 1777 times)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
So this one time at band camp....
« on: March 16, 2004, 03:17:49 AM »
Well acctually I wasent at band camp, I was sitting in my VW and I found out  if you press in on the head light switch and turn it right about a milimeter it will turn on just the interior lights and the licsence plate light, no insturment culster or parking lights. Im not sure if it works on Euro switches or not, some one should test that one.

Post your weird tips of the day in here.

Cheers Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »
Wow, that's cool, I'm going to have to try that.
On another tip of the day. I've had my car since March of LAST year and was doing my timing belt at the GTG when I found out that if you turn the key in the door and hold it, your windows roll up and down 8O . Yeah, I know, just a little slow :tellme:  :crazy:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:09:50 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Wow, that's cool, I'm going to have to try that.
On another tip of the day. I've had my car since March of LAST year and was doing my timing belt at the GTG when I found out that if you turn the key in the door and hold it, your windows roll up and down 8O . Yeah, I know, stupid.

That will close the sunroof too if it is open.  It ont open the SR though.

Also, if you turn your key to the on position, don't start the car, and let it sit for about 10 - 30 seconds it will reset your ECUs memory of your driving habits.  The best way to do it is in a quiet place, open the hood, hop in, turn it  to the on position, hop out and you should hear a sort of high pitched buzzing in the engine bay, when it's done there will be a little click.  Close the hood, start the car and you may notice a little boost in power.  This only works on Drive By Wire cars as I understand, so basically anything 2000 +

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 08:57:12 PM »
Thats awsome! thanks for the posts guys!

Fugazi

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 03:57:58 AM »
Jay - This process you were talking about is the myth of the throttle body alignment.  Well atleast it is a myth on the jetta/golf 4's. It just never seemed to work right. The only way to align the throttle body properly was with the APR chip (TBA option) or the VagCom..

Jay - Speaking of VagCom's, did you order the ShadeTree software for the palm yet? I want to order it but i want to talk to someone that has it to make sure it is worth it..

Greg -  Your still a post whore...

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 04:09:30 AM »
Not a post whore for much longer... looks like i might be in the Czech Republic for a summer abroad. Just got an email conferming that ill have a place to stay when I get their.
No more boostin for me :(  :( at least for a while.

Fugazi

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 01:56:57 PM »
Dude.. I'd be thrilled to go to the Czech Republic for the summer... depending on the circumstances...I haven't been there yet and I love to travel. Why are you going?
MWJD?

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 03:51:31 PM »
The Czech Rep is GREAT!!  THe beer is wonderful the city uf Prague will blow your mind and the people are very nice.  Just watch out for the cab drivers - they are nutz.

Where are you going to be?
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 04:16:16 PM »
I figured out the ecu thing on accident too...now my intake is alot louder :twisted:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 06:01:08 PM »
If I go to Czech I will be staing in Prague the only real reason that im trying to go is im only 19 years old and i havent acted my age since i was like 15 years old, ever sence then ive had a job working 40+ hours a week going to school, car payments bills bla bla bla...I just need time to act like a kid I guess plus beer in Czech is like 23 cents a glass US. I could live in Czech for like 4-5 months on $2000 US and just screw off the whole time. :D  
The only reason that I would be sad is I wouldent see anyone i know for a while and the V-Dub would go into storage thats what the  :(  :(  were for above, no boostin.

But enough of my sob story, JR the ECU reset does work I tryed it and my MKIV felt just a tick quicker when I drove it right after.

Fugazi