Author Topic: 1.8t Engine murmer (please help)...  (Read 2426 times)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
1.8t Engine murmer (please help)...
« on: March 17, 2004, 12:04:51 AM »
I know that all 1.8t's have a slight engine murmer when up to temp at idle but I think that my engine is murmuring more than average. some times it dip's in rpm's when at a stop light for the duration that im siting at the light, 30-45 seconds or so. While im driveing every thing is fine I feel like it pulls hard thru all gears.

Its not like the engine is stumbling so hard that it almost dies or any thing like that but it makes me nervous, maby im being over paranoid but it's my baby so I could use as much imput as I can get.

Thanks in advance.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 12:47:08 AM »
Mine has always done this.  After sitting at a light for a few seconds, I think a fan or some accessory drive belt thing kicks in and causes the revs to drop to about 800 per minute.  Of course, your milage may vary, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary from your description.  Anyone else?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 12:47:08 AM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:03:13 AM »
Thanks for the reasurance Pat, I think its more me worrieng than any thing, ive been doing some reading on vortex and I have seen the same info over their.

P.S. No truck pics... King Soopers ruiend the disposable camara with all my truck pics on it... all they had to say about it was "Uhhh Sorry". Idiot's. Thats the last time that I use a disposable.

Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 01:20:19 AM »
Man, that's pretty poor about the pix.  I always  bring my film to King Soopers because the always screw it up.  Yep, that's right...I bring it there because it's never on time, so it's always develped free of charge.  I can handle waiting a couple extra days for free development.   Losers...(literally in the case of your camera!)
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 01:35:39 AM »
I found one digital pic of the truck on my comp... no rims but you will get the idea on the drop. how do I get it to display properly on this site does the pic have to be hosted on another site?

Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 01:40:18 AM »
Click the URL button, then type the location where it is already hosted on the web, then click the URL button again.
-Chuck Patterson

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 01:44:02 AM »
thanks ill look into geting it up tonite. After I install my new intake! YAY!! it came UPS today im so happy I cant wait, I will also post a pic of the MKIV it got a nice layer of Quantum window tint today.

Thanks for the info Pat

Fugazi

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: 1.8t Engine murmer (please help)...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 01:46:54 AM »
it is just inhearent in the 1.8T to stumble a little when you are just sitting at a stoplight.. Not sure why it does it, but mine has done it since it was new, and everyone i know that has a 1.8T has the same problem.  the rpms seem to drop and flutuate about 150-200 rpms when i am just sitting at the light.

It is kinda like the fuel injector tick that you will notice over time. No matter what fuel you use it just does it.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 08:49:24 PM »
Intristing note.. I had the AC on when I was comeing home from work today and the engine dident stumble once, I thouhgt that was kinda weird.

Fugazi