Author Topic: Good News and Bad News…  (Read 3054 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Good News and Bad News…
« on: May 06, 2004, 01:07:47 PM »
First the Bad News – got hit on Tuesday night.  The panel over the drives side, front tire, is now sporting a couple dents, a wrinkle and missing some paint.  It is also pushed back, so I am not able to open the drivers door.  I have to go in and out of the car, via the passengers door and crawl over the seats.  The door is fine, I just can not open it.  Also, the panel is sticking down just enough that if I hit a good size bump, my tire rubs and it sound something awful! :evil:  :evil:

I have to get this fixed ASAP so I can go on the charity drive.  I am not going to drive 3000 miles with a fender that could explode my tire at high speed… NOT GOOD

Now the good news – I was hooked up with the REVO software yesterday and I could not be happier.  I love it – 20lbs of boost and the power is something to behold.  Zev at Avalon Motorsports took great care of me and I have not had a better customer service experience. :D

As soon as my car is fixed, I will be looking forward to opening it up and seeing what I can do.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:29:07 PM »
Ack, sorry to hear about the B5 molestation  :cry:  Hope you can get that fixed soon.  Glad to hear you like the revo software though, sounds awesome :)

Jonathan

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:29:07 PM »

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 05:11:42 PM »
That sucks Randy, Hope everything gets taken care of. You still have the K03 stock turbo right?  If so are you spiking 20psi or holding 20?   If your holding 20psi then you might wanna be careful. I heard any consistant hold of around 18 is the highest you should go on the stock turbo. It might not last too long if you hold 20. I spike 18-19 and hold 16-17 maybe 18 on a good day.
att

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 05:17:16 PM »
Yes it spikes to 20.  I have not really opened 'er up, due to the fender damage, but I am not pushing it to hold higher that 15-16.

I will be keeping an eye on it, which is why I did the boost gauge instal first.

My car goes under the knife on Monday, so I should be good to go for the Charity drive.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 07:17:09 PM »
Randy has the K03-04 hybrid in his B5.5, should hold up better than the K03's. (edited for typo)

Sorry to hear about the damage, that just ruins all your fun you were planning for the drive.  I certainly hope it gets fixed well and that they do a decent job.  Don't settle for shoddy work.

cheers
jon

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Randy has the K03-04 hybrid in his B5.5, should hold up better than the K04's.
cheers
jon

Jon, why would the 03/04 hybrid hold up better than a K04?  I don't get it.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 08:55:26 PM »
No, the 3-4 better than the 3 which is what Matt was thinking Randy had stock, I was just mentioning that the B5.5 has the hybrid stock, and that should hold up better than the 3.  that's all

I made a typo, I meant the K03....

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 12:40:37 AM »
Randy, so sorry to hear about your ride getting violated.. but I'm glad to hear it's getting fixed so quickly. It took mine over 3 weeks to get it fixed last year, and all they did is replace the front fender.. lame... so good luck!
MWJD?

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 01:20:22 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about the accident.  I hope it is repaired soon.  Where are you taking it Monday?  That is quick.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 03:38:49 AM »
Dang Randy, that sucks.  Sweet and sour with new software too!  Well, just wait for the day when the ride is all back to normal.  Then it's just cruise cruise cruise.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 12:42:51 PM »
I was able to work out the crease in the panel, thanks to a friend of mine who helped me pull and push in the right spots.  I can not open my door and we were also able to pull out the fender so it no longer hits the tire.

It looks like crap, but I have full function of the car now. :)
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Chas

• Modded
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 03:15:36 AM »
Damn man! That really stinks!

I just made my last car payment on my ride! And now I'm really very nervous about it getting whacked!! I've been taking it easy everywhere I go.

My wife had a car she loved a few years back. She made her last payment on the car. Got it re-sprayed black. The car was a killer. Both fast and good looking and then the worst thing happened, some dingbat woman in a Rabbit pulls out in front of her and she has no chance to avoid her. My wife basically saved this woman's life by not tee-boning her in the drivers door, but instead whacked the front end of the Rabbit with her newly painted ride and trashing both cars in the proccess. All at about 45 MPH, very little braking time. NASTY!

Anyhow, count yourself lucky Randy!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

nickcc60

• n00balicious
Good News and Bad News…
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 06:38:52 PM »
How much did Avalon charge you for the flashing?  I was planning on getting a chip, but maybe flashing is a better way to go?