Author Topic: Got a C-Bar yesterday...  (Read 7729 times)

madigan

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« on: March 17, 2004, 02:35:39 PM »
Wow, what a huge improvement! I had it professionally installed by Chas too. Even with lowering shocks and springs there was still a good bit of roll, but now with the C-Bar, itís practically eliminated. This is an excellent improvement and I highly recommend this for those of you who donít yet have one. Contact Chas and get a C-Bar. You wonít be disappointed!

Thanks again Chas!!!

Mark
mad wagon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »
Any MKIV aplacations? And how meny $$ are we talking, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks in advance Mark
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 03:33:12 PM »
I second Mark!

The C-bar was a big force in my recent suspention upgrade - It showed me just how bad it is.

The price is right, but I do not know about non-B5 applications....
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:46:45 PM »
Thanks Guys!!  :D

This bar is designed for the B5 platform cars. Meaning B5 Passats and A4's. As well as A6's I believe. Jay, are you reading this?? I need to see the bottom of your car next!  8)  8)  

These cars have the 4 link suspension that the MK IV chassis cars do not have. This is the equivilent to an upper strut tower stress bar only more effective. I have looked at the under side of the MK IV's and there is really no need for a lower bar, but definantly go with a strut tower bar.

Sorry, but I got nothing for you MK IV guys. Besides, with that transverse mounted engine you already get more ponies that us longitudinal fellas.  :wink:  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 11:34:28 PM »
Hey Chas, can I get a re-install?  I have to say I miss having one.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 12:52:34 AM »
Hmmmm will go on A4's, so I am guessing will fit on my S4 with the 2.7 also? Just wondering, I here so much go stuff about this uber C-bar! :)

Jonathan

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 01:15:26 AM »
Jonatha, It should work, because it attaches to the frame...the only issues is transmission clearance, but since there is already another product for transmission stabilizer, that attaches to the frame and transmission to hold things in place, for the S4, I am sure there would be no issue with the c-bar.  You may have to go down south to visit Chas and have him look under your car to see if there is special fitment needed, but I would bet that it would be a direct fit.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 04:29:32 AM »
Good lord, just looked back, I ARE THE TYPO KING!  hehe

here = hear
go= good   LOL   sheesh

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 02:46:08 AM »
Jonathan, The bar will fit the A4 as easily as the Passat with the same results: all great stuff!!!  :D

As for the S4, that is a little bit different. I have never fit one to a S4. No one has ever asked me. I have looked under the S4 before and there is already a sub frame bar on this car. But it isn't the same as my bar. It is very different and I'm not all that sure that it gives that same results as my bar. If you want to stop by my house some time with your car we could have a up close and personal inspection of the sub frame of S4 and see if this is something that might work out for you.

Let me know what you think!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 02:51:45 AM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Hey Chas, can I get a re-install?  I have to say I miss having one.

Dave, give me a call and we'll talk. The new bar is very different than the older style. We can see what we can do about it. 303-668-4826 (cell)

:cool:  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 02:54:46 AM »
Doesn't the A4 and S4 already have a LTB? I can't remember.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 02:56:22 AM »
Sure, I would like to see if there can be any improvements :) I have no clue when I could come by, but I definitely would like you to take a look sometime! Do you work the standard M-F 9-5 ? I actually work Tues - Saturday, half days on Saturday usually.

Jonathan

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 03:07:40 AM »
Jonathan, I have a very odd schedual. I almost never work the traditional thing. I'm a freelnce Audio mixer. I do sound for TV commercials, TV news, corp. videos and small movies! It's a funky thing, but I like it. Right now I'm really slow for some stupid reason, so I'm not real busy. Let me know what our schedual looks like this week and we can see what works! Give me a call tomorrow on that cell number tomorrow or say so here on this thread.

Talk to ya soon!

(edit for typos  :P :rolleyes: )
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 03:17:31 AM »
Yeah Jay, the S4 has some sort of bar as I recall. I looked under Rian's nasty Nagaro Blue sled a while back and there is a bar of sorts under there. And the A4's with the sports package have a tiny, poor excuse for a bar under them. But just ask Amanda what that's like. I built her a copy of the A4 bar and put it on her car. She said it was "OK" but not really different with it on. Once I put the real C-Bar on her car she was totallly sold on it. There is really no simularities between the stock A4 bar and my bar. They mount in totally different positions and the thinkness of the two is like night and day. Mine being way thicker and much more effective. I think the same could be said of the S4 bar, but we'd have to see about that.  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 03:24:47 AM »
Sweet, I wasn't sure what the deal was. I'm sure I have nothing, but I do have speed sensitive steering ;)  I might like to see if a C-Bar works for the A6 to tighten it up at lower speeds.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2004, 03:31:13 AM »
Jay, there is actually a 604 relay you can pull to stiffen up the steering at low speeds.  If you want info on that, let me know.  the improved relay 628 was then added in 2002 I think, that improved the power steering, but many people just remove the relay all together.  There are links on how to do it at www.Audiworld.com.  I might have to get Chas under my car soon.  But first I want to install my swaybars that are on the way...35mm front, 22mm in back (adjustable).  That should help....but if the LTB would help on the allroad, I can use all the help I can get, that thing is a boat  :wink:

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »
Well, we'll have to have an all Audi LTB GTG day it looks like!  :)  Hey Jon, I still have that bar of aluminum I found that would make a nice fit to your car I bet! Just let me know.  8)

And Jay, I believe the A6 sub frame is the same as the one used by the A4, Passat and S4. SO the bar should work for you too. :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

madigan

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 05:44:55 PM »
Hey Chas, I scraped my C-Bar yesterday. I was on Santa Fe and Mississippi, heading north and the ruts in the road are so bad that I scraped a little bit!  8O I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll jack up my car tonight to see how it looks. Otherwise, I love the way my car handles now, much improved...
mad wagon

shummer

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 05:58:07 PM »
Chas,

Do you have a picture of the new bar?

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

shummer

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 06:36:12 PM »
Is that for a manual? I wanted to see the tip design.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 06:43:23 PM »
yep it is a manual.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 07:53:11 PM »
Andrew, the new design is a bit different than what you have on your car. It goes around in front of that down pipe bracket that gets in the way.

That's how they look now.  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

shummer

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2004, 08:07:40 PM »
Sweet Chas! Mark's wagon is lower than mine and the new design looks like at least 1/2" or more clearance than your original. I'll have to contact you to get one of these installed. Maybe my bro and I can come down together. I'll talk it over with him tonight.

Also, one of my mounting points is jacked because it looks like someone backed over something low (i.e. lift at dealer). My wife is pleading innocent so it's a mystery.

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 08:10:42 PM »
Well it can't be your son, yet...  8O

I can't wait for that conversation with my son.

Ian - "Dad, can I have the keys to the hovercraft?"
Me - "HELL NO!!!!  Go ask your mom for her keys."

As for the bent mounting points, after seeing what Wendy did to her car and bar, I'm sure we can get it back together just fine.  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 04:30:25 AM »
Chas, Thank you for the offer.  I will be in contact with you shortly.  The new bar looks really good, nice improvements.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2004, 01:13:27 PM »
I want one too, I want one too!
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 11:44:51 AM »
Chas, I'll PayPal you the money (or any other form of payment it you prefer) to get one of those for my '04.  Just let me know how and when.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2004, 09:48:08 PM »
Chas -  Are you willing to design and make one for my jetta?

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2004, 02:21:10 AM »
Hey Eric, the issue with the Jetta and Golf platform isn't the lower end as much as it is the upper end that needs stress relief. And there are many upper strut tower bars on the market already for the MK IV Chassis cars. I have looked at the bottom side of a Jetta before and there is really no need to plant one of these bad boys down there. the sub frame is very different on your car. The Passat and Audi A4/6 sub frame is like a box with only three sides. This bar adds that fourth side.

The MK IV cars have McPherson struts and the towers really get deflected on those cars once you start putting larger wheels and sticky tires on the car. The upper strut tower bar really makes a difference.

But if you want, we could have a look at your car and see if there is something that I have missed in the past.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!