Author Topic: Got a C-Bar yesterday...  (Read 7748 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 03:05:27 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Chas. My chassis works pretty good as it is, and probbaly don't need anymore re-enforcements. But i am always on the lookout for a new worth while part.  I think i will just keep the suspension the way it is.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »
Hey Chas, was going to try to give you a call later this AM, wondernig if you are busy this afternoon, as I am probably heading down to Denver to see my brother and his family. Wanted to see if my car needs one of those uber C-bars  :D  Also wondering if you are going to the lil garage day / gtg that Jon is having on May 1st. Hopefully talk to ya soon!

Jonathan

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2004, 03:10:10 AM »
WOOO WOOOO Got my professionally installed C-bar tonight, THANKS Chas!! :) Feels better, more stiff than the stock bar that came with the S4, only time will tell how big the difference is I guess. And it of course looks better than stock, all shiny new aluminum >> black steel!!  :D  Will post pics WHEN I download them from my (new) camera onto my comp, that shouldn't be too hard, I hope haha  :P

Jonathan

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2004, 03:38:07 AM »
I got my C-Bar installed today...it adds that stiffness that I was so desperately searching for, my car rides like a dream now...GET ONE! Thanks Chas!!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2004, 03:28:09 AM »
You're welcome man! I'm just so sorry that it took so long for us to hook up and get that bad boy on your car. I guess we all need to work to pay for this habit sometimes.  :cool:  :-)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2004, 12:01:53 AM »
Good 'ol Chas put mine in yesterday, along with a 28mm Neuspeed rear sway bar.

I am happy as a little grrrrrrl![/i] (a la Dieter Sprokets on SNL)
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2004, 01:42:35 AM »
Here are some pictures (if they work!) Of the C-Bar, as well as the stock bar that came with my S4.

Jonathan

C-Bar and stock S4 bar

C-Bar installed, thanks Chas!

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2004, 06:04:52 PM »
It's a funny thing, but that S4 subframe is slightly different than either the Audi A4 or VW subframes. There was a slight depression where the bar mounts to the frame that was causing me some griff for about two minutes. Then I got it. Use longer bolts and some special spacers. Problem solved and the bar fits perfectly. The hole spacing was the same as for all the V6 cars. This car validates the need for this bar. Audi could see that something was needed on the S4, so why not for the rest of the line? Simple, it's a cost factor.  :roll:

Anyhow, thanks for the pictures Jonathan. I'm going to steal that bottom side of your S4 pic to put on my home page! Hope you don't mind.  :P  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2004, 06:07:33 PM »
Alan's rear sway bar wasn't as difficult as we both were thinking. It actually went on quite nicely. There were only a couple of spots that gave us any real pause, but those got overcome quickly. Alan's car is one tight Mo Fo!!! Solid!!!!!!! :smile:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Got a C-Bar yesterday...
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2004, 11:38:04 PM »
Sweet!!! Hopefully I can save up for some sways on my car sometime also :) And you can use the picure if ya want, don't matter to me!

Jonathan